Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BWA

BWA

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R Empty
PostSubject: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:41 pm

I like wheelies. Some of you probably do too lol!
The rear passenger footpegs aren't far enough back for good body position for standup wheelies. Something had to be done, and I took a quick look at the tail section of the bike. The helmet lock/holder caught my eye...
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg01

A bmx peg would look good in that spot...
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg02

hmm, the bolt seems kind of small, but what the heck, lets take it off...

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg03

I'll be damned, is that ANOTHER hole, larger diameter and threaded?!? It's almost as thought Yamaha foresaw our standup wheelie problem! wink

Whadya know, I found a random bolt that is a perfect fit
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg04

The bolt is little smaller than the diameter of the hole in the peg, but not too bad.
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg05

This is almost too good to be true...
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg06
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg07
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg08

Added some duct tape for extra grip
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg09

I'm putting the kids to bed in about half an hour, than it's off to a parking lot to test it out beavis

I'll let y'all know how it works
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 pm

What about the other side?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:53 pm

john92 wrote:
Unless you have a rear hand brake installed you need your right foot on the pegs to cover the rear brake.

I'm just wondering how strong the subframe is that far back. I know 50 Stunts makes a passenger peg setup.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:58 pm

john92 wrote:

What Matty said thumb

Well, being almost 6 feet tall, the position of the peg allowed me to do some crouch-ups poser2

Next step, repositioning bracket... scratch
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:01 pm

Matty wrote:

I'm just wondering how strong the subframe is that far back. I know 50 Stunts makes a passenger peg setup.

Good luck!

I was/am sort of wondering about that too... I weight about 180-185 with gear on, from the dozen or so crouched wheelies with the weight mostly on the peg it felt pretty good so far...
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Nice.... Just saw your post on SMJ.
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Matty wrote:
Nice.... Just saw your post on SMJ.

What's your screen name on there? Yeah, I figured I'd post in both, figured one would get some interested, one wouldn't. I was somewhat right lol For updates, go there:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?107502-Wheelie-Stunt-Peg-for-WR250X

thumb
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Talkl about Deja Vu!! Where's the updated setup photos?? Slacker I tell you!!

left side bracket with right side peg. Yes, it's bending after a hundred wheelies.
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R DSCN0615
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R DSCN0613
Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R DSCN0614

Last edited by velvetcows on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Well, it didn't seem like there was much interest here, I left a link for the few that might find it worthy to check out lol But I suppose I could update real quick.

Shortly after installing the peg, realized I needed it lower and little farther back. I was spacing out, thinking about it, when my 2001 Suzuki Bandit 600 sitting in the corner caught my eye. I noticed the passenger peg, and a bulb turned bright above my head lol:

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg10

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg11

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg13

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg14

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R StuntPeg12

Oh, and no bending, stretching or otherwise unwanted movement Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R Twofinger
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:50 pm

i would say drill a hole straight through the subframe tubing and through bolt it rather than having my azz standing back there with those dinky hose clamps, just sayin dunno
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 pm

Drilling a hole large enough for a strong enough bolt would be too large of a hole to put in the sub frame. Upgrades are in my budget for next year and should be for BWA as well!! I've given this new foot position a try for free and I must say, I like it. Gonna get some REAL stunt pegs!! Next "stunt" session I have the license plate is coming off. I've bent it twice now and broke off the license plate light. That sumbitch is zip tied on now. lol haven't looped it yet thumb gotta get a hand brake too!!
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:52 pm

sounds like a good plan, keep us posted!! thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R   Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheelie/Stunt Peg for WR250X/R
Page 1 of 1