Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today Empty
PostSubject: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 pm

I got my RSC in the mail yesterday. The website said shipping would be approximately 2 weeks, and I estimated an additional 3-5 days in customs. Turns out it only took 11 days from ordering (shipping the day after ordering), until it turned up in my mailbox here in Norway. What a pleasant surprise!
Only after receiving the unit did I realize that the left hand mirror is mounted on the stock clutch, and not the light controls. Not a big deal. I'm planning on getting the HDB handguards with mirrors anyway.

Installed the thing today, and drove about 18 kilometers with it. I'm not entirely sure what to think of it yet. I DO like using only 2 fingers on the clutch, but I DISLIKE having to move the lever so far for the clutch to fully disengage. Supposedly, this lever will half the force needed to pull the clutch, which I'm sure it does. Not that I actually measured it, or anything... But now I have to divide the total force needed by 2 fingers instead of 4, so the clutch pull feels quite similar to the stock one. Well, except there's almost no wobble in the RSC lever at all.

Basically, what you get here is a really tight clutch lever, with great looks, and you get to use 2 fingers instead of 4, in exchange for added travel of the lever.

Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today Img_2013

Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Krispy

Krispy

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 am

interesting, whats the condition of your clutch cable? with the travel couldn't you adjust the cable abit to your liking?
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 am

The slot in the cable adjustment screw always have to face the bar, otherwise the cable will rub against the screw. I have it set so that the lever grabs the clutch as early as possible, but with 360 degree increments only, I don't think I can tighten it any more. In fact, I don't think I would want to anyway.
If I were to estimate the free play, I'd say it's about 6, maybe 7 mm, measured on the tip of the lever. And the gap between the lever and grip is about 10-12 mm when I'm certain the clutch is fully disengaged. This is why I have the clutch lever mounted a fair bit to the left, otherwise the lever would hit my ring finger.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 am

There is a secondary adjuster inline... just to the right of the ribbed boot in your picture is a rubber "tube" covering it. That will give you a lit more adjustment range than the one on the lever itself.

I had to tweak the cable length when I installed my lever as well.
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:46 am

I was wondering what that was. I decided to have a look in the manual, and it says that free play should be 10-15 mm. Not sure why it needs be so much. Anyway, I could probably tighten the clutch by a few mm, but I feel like I'd be pushing it then. How much free play do you have on yours?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 am

Cutthroat Bill wrote:
How much free play do you have on yours?

I run closer to 2-5mm of play at the lever. I tighten it down until I just barely have enough slack to keep the clutch actuator arm (on the motor end of the cable) from moving. Excessive play drive me nuts.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Odd, never had a problem with mine whatsoever. Works like a charm, super easy to clutch and shift.
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 am

Nothing wrong with the lever. I'm just saying that I'm not sure I like the added travel. It's probably just a muscle memory thing, I'll get used to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today   Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today Empty

Back to top Go down

Installed my Righteous Stunt Clutch today
Page 1 of 1