Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

KTM fender installed

Go down 
+9
supernac
YamX1KRR
SoupSandwich
nirvana
Pete
Boondocker
Vortac
ZED
little squirt
13 posters
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

KTM fender installed Empty
PostSubject: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:43 pm

He'll yea got a KTM supermoto front fender and bolted it up. Whatcha think?

KTM fender installed DSC00413

KTM fender installed DSC00412

Last edited by little squirt on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 pm

It's a bit of a beak but it matches the overall package well with those graphics. Looks good. thumb
Back to top Go down
Vortac

Vortac

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 am

i think it looks great. much better than a cut stocker
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:58 pm

It looks good, but who's going to notice with all the other flash and pizzaz on that bike?
Back to top Go down
Pete

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Nice! I think that looks great! Suits the bike pretty damn good, definitely better then the stock one thats forsure.
Back to top Go down
nirvana

nirvana

PostSubject: Nice fender   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey,where did you get the fender and what model is it for????? Also what size are your avons??? I just got a set of pilot roads and they dont look as fat as yours...I may get avons next time as Im sure it wont be long. beavis usa
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:06 pm

fender is ktm hardparts white supermoto fender. pretty sure its same one as the ktm 690smc.

tires are 120/70/17 Fr 150/60/17 Rr

thanks guys for the input, everytime i look at it, it just keeps growing on me!!
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:29 pm

Glad to see I am not the only one rockin the bike crate!! thumb
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 pm

SoupSandwich wrote:
Glad to see I am not the only one rockin the bike crate!! thumb

bike crates rock! it doubles as my step up when loading the bike into the truck too!
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:15 pm

That is the best sm fender I have seen on this bike! I don't like the Acerbis fenders on this bike, seems like they end up at a weird angle.

What did you have to do to mount it? Any cutting, spacers...?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 6:29 pm

YamX1KRR wrote:
That is the best sm fender I have seen on this bike! I don't like the Acerbis fenders on this bike, seems like they end up at a weird angle.

What did you have to do to mount it? Any cutting, spacers...?

yea i tried the Acerbis front and it looked pretty rediculous to me. Was only mounted on the bike for like 3 minutes before i yanked it off.

i just took my stock fender and flipped it upside down ontop of the ktm one and drilled the holes. have two small spacers on the rear mount bolts.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:23 pm

Squirt:
How do you like your headlight? Was it difficult to install? How bright is it compared to the stocker? I have been looking at what Acerbis has to offer but have heard that they are not very bright. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
supernac

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:57 pm

SoupSandwich wrote:
Squirt:
How do you like your headlight? Was it difficult to install? How bright is it compared to the stocker? I have been looking at what Acerbis has to offer but have heard that they are not very bright. Thanks for the info.

I put the cyclops on my x, mainly because it was cheaper than a stock headlight. It's definitely not as bright at the stock one and the low beam has a weird pattern. I know you can mod it and add HID, I'm sure that would fix the brightness issue.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:44 pm

high jacking my own thread, hahahaha

I upgraded to HID on the high beam side.

Regular projector low beam/day time running light

KTM fender installed Wr3-3

HID on high beam side

KTM fender installed Wr4-1

Halogen vs HID at night

KTM fender installed Photo-11

KTM fender installed Photo1-5

Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Dang, that is a huge improvement, but I'd hate you driving the opposite direction at night. You ride around with it on high at night?

Is the fender black now?

Bike is looking good, I never liked the cyclops, but it looks right on you bike, it just looks like it was meant for it.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Naa that black fender was an old attempt on cutting down a stocker. It looks like the first pics now. Thanks for nice input I think headlight suits the bike well too!
Back to top Go down
Yaozer

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Hey Squirt,

I'm looking to get a black rear fender and side covers for my bike as well. Is it just the part number for the 2009 WR250X on bike bandit? Do you have the part numbers?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Just go here and look up the 2009 plastic, its black

http://www.powersedge.com/pages/home/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
velox

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Fender looks great do you know if they came in black? Or just white/OJ ?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Check out cycle hutt or ktmparts, i think they have a black one, but the top center by the headlight might be orange.....easy to paint though...

only $32 brand new too

KTM fender installed 7730821000030

http://www.ktm-parts.com/7730821000030.html
Back to top Go down
velox

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks. Too bad no all black.

Your white/black combo actually looks good together.
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:19 am

Could you take a picture from underneath the fender please to see how its bolted in? I have an 05-07 black KTM supermoto fender, but because it doesnt bolt in straight away I'm trying to find a way to attach it so that it actually fits and wont fall off when I take a spill
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm

KTM fender installed B91459ad
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks, gonna check mine out tomorrow if it can just have holes drilled on it as well, or if I have to make a new support system for it since I think that the older fender is a bit different.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:12 am

LS: That really looks sharp... Nice job. Very creative.

I think my SuMo needs that black/orange accent front fender.

I wish there was a pic of it out of the plastic ! Grrrrrr....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KTM fender installed   KTM fender installed Empty

Back to top Go down

KTM fender installed
Page 1 of 1