Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Steering Damper

Go down 
+7
YamX1KRR
Bob
BigDogAdventures.com
seattlechronic
gas_pig70
mtb
YamWOW!
11 posters
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

New Steering Damper Empty
PostSubject: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:24 am

New Steering Damper 1121

New Steering Damper 3

New Steering Damper 2
Scotts just released the new Steering Damper. thumb

Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:42 am

Received this Email.....

Scotts is proud to announce the
stabilizer kit for the WR250R and X is finally here. It wasn't easy and it had
lots of hurdles to overcome but it came out very nice. This kit is available
for standard diameter bars, oversized bars and/or SUB mount style mounting. The
stock handlebar crossbar is too low to use on either of the upper mounts, so new
handlebars are needed, either the oversized conversion kit or the special
Renthal Bars we had made with a bowed crossbar. The Sub mount version can use
the stock bars as long as you request the bar reducers as all SUB mounts are
made for oversized bars. The SUB mounted version will raise the bars about
25mm. All the kits keep the bar distance from the rider very close to where it
is stock.

We've have had a lot of demand for
this kit and expect the finished product in about a week or so. Please place
your orders now so we try to make enough to fill all the initial requests.
Please let the forums know and anyone else who might be interested, that they
are almost ready to ship.

I've attached some photos for your
viewing.

If you have any questions regarding
this please feel free to call us at 818 248-6747 and or visit our website at www.scottsonline.com for photos and more
info.

We also make the finest stainless
steel oil filter in the world for this model. We were the original maker and
still the best on the market.

Thanks for your patience and
loyalty.

Scotts Performance
Products.

mtb

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 am

Nice! thumb

Did they leak the price range? wink
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 10:52 am

On the website are the prices.

Last edited by YamWOW! on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:02 am

ah I see.. thanks

Are you swarty? Shog

the photos are not showing on TT
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Holy tall bar risers Batman!
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:08 pm

mtb wrote:
ah I see.. thanks

Are you swarty? Shog

the photos are not showing on TT
Nope!

seattlechronic

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Ordered mine today...can't wait

Floyd
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:03 pm

seattlechronic wrote:
Ordered mine today...can't wait

Floyd
Which one? Post some pics when you get it installed. lurk

seattlechronic

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 10:51 pm

I need to get down to your local and do some riding YW...... I will post the pics on my install when I get it...Just seems right for this bike... Hopefully it stops raining and snowing...

Floyd
Back to top Go down
BigDogAdventures.com

BigDogAdventures.com

PostSubject: Thanks   New Steering Damper EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks YamWOW for the current update about the steering damper. I e-mailed them long ago about one and they said they were working on it.

I'm going to go with the submount and new fat bars. A little rise in the bar height would be welcome.

I have a damper already--mounted to my KLR (quit laughing) Very happy But think I need to order a new damper as they said the arm has to have an offset to work on the Yamaha----and I don't want to have to be switching the thing out. I switch the damper I have now between the KLR and my KTM 570EXC.

Only other hurdle---I'll have to order another heated grip for the clutch side of the handlebar as mine are epoxied on.
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 am

that third pic shows it mounted to the stock bars, but their web site says thats not possible. anyone know for sure?

anyone on here a dealer and can get discounts for group buys?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:15 am

Bob wrote:
that third pic shows it mounted to the stock bars, but their web site says thats not possible. anyone know for sure?

anyone on here a dealer and can get discounts for group buys?

Look carefully... the crossbar was bolted on in the 3rd pic... so that's not the stock bar you see Very happy

somehow it feels like "Spot the difference" game... wink
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:17 pm

You can use the stock bars if you get the sub mount, and reducers for the smaller bar.
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Just got mine today   New Steering Damper EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:06 pm

I got my Scott Dampner in today, took only about an hour to mount it up. I also ordered the bar "reducers" from Scott and am staying with the stock bars. Works great!

New Steering Damper DSC02688
New Steering Damper DSC02689
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:56 am

So, if I get this right, the bar 'reducers' are actually bar 'risers' to raise your bar enough to clear the damper?
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 am

ZED wrote:
So, if I get this right, the bar 'reducers' are actually bar 'risers' to raise your bar enough to clear the damper?

No, clamps that come with the dampers are risers for larger bars, the reducers are used if you want to use the stock bars.

Last edited by YamX1KRR on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:57 am

10cup, I got the sub mount as well, are the throttle cables and wires on the right tight? At full left lock, mine are tight, I may lengthen them, or get lower bars.
Back to top Go down
shawngrodz

shawngrodz

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:37 am

Not to sound too ignorant here (I am infact a newbie btw) What exactly does the sterring damper do and how would I know if I needed one??
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 am

YamX1KRR wrote:
10cup, I got the sub mount as well, are the throttle cables and wires on the right tight? At full left lock, mine are tight, I may lengthen them, or get lower bars.

No problem at all with the cables, in fact prior to adding the dampner I had 1.5" risers in place. This set up only raises the bars about 1" I do have my stock bars though..you? If need be you could rock the bars forward just a tad this really makes a difference on the cables if they are tight.

Last edited by 10Cup on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:38 am

shawngrodz wrote:
Not to sound too ignorant here (I am infact a newbie btw) What exactly does the sterring damper do and how would I know if I needed one??

If yoiu ride in sand or rocks a lot this is where the dampner really works well, it keeps the tank slap situation from happening or greatly reduces it. See some user comments on the Scott Performance site.
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 8:37 pm

10Cup wrote:
YamX1KRR wrote:

No problem at all with the cables, in fact prior to adding the dampner I had 1.5" risers in place. This set up only raises the bars about 1" I do have my stock bars though..you? If need be you could rock the bars forward just a tad this really makes a difference on the cables if they are tight.

Yeah, got protaper, almost identical bend. I tried the bars at multiple angles, nothing helped. Next time I have the bike apart, I will have to see if I can find some slack somewhere. Thanks for the repsonse.
Back to top Go down
SteveRed

SteveRed

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:23 am

Here's my bike with Safari Tank and Ralle Moto Steering Damper...

New Steering Damper 651340606_dYSLd-M

New Steering Damper 651341279_gvTyo-M

New Steering Damper 651340977_y4Nye-M

Available from Best Rest Products...
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Dampener   New Steering Damper EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Steve,
have you had much time to ride with the dampener yet? What do you think of it?

TIA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Steering Damper   New Steering Damper Empty

Back to top Go down

New Steering Damper
Page 1 of 1