Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Michelin AC10 question...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffpack1957

Michelin AC10 question... Empty
PostSubject: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:17 pm

I was just at Mattawa yesterday on the new bike.

I'm trying to figure out whether its just me, or some oddity with the bike/tires...

I've got AC10's front and rear, and in that sandy loam at Mattawa, it was not only a fight, but just plain scary.

The front was constantly trying to go directions I didnt want it to. Any speed I'd get, that front would just take off on me and try and pitch me out of the path.

Even when I'd get on the rock road, the front was constantly giving me weird feedback, and would want to go off other than where I was steering.

I really couldn't tell if it was pushing, or just knife edging into the looser material. It didnt feel like it was pushing though.

I was running 12psi, so that should have been fine.

The only thing I can think of is that front tire just seems awful skinny.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 pm

The 606's will do that too in real sandy loose shit. Never ran the AC's mind you; I've still got the Mitas on mine and it was great in loose stuff. Michelin AC10 question... 61865

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:58 pm

I have the AC10's, so far they seem just as good as the MC12 off road tires I used to run...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:38 pm

jeffpack1957 wrote:
Thoughts?

Get your ass toward the rear of the bike and stay on the gas, driving the bike forward under power.
Try to minimize the times you're coasting down off the gas or even tiptoeing around with light throttle, because the bike will typically feel at it's worst when not under power in soft stuff.
Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:23 pm

I tried doing that, but the moment I got any speed, the front would oversteer me out and almost pitch me off.

I've got new front springs coming, and my suspension guy thinks that the fix.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 pm

I was gonna say, maybe your suspension is set wrong for your style or wieght?

Back to top Go down
jeffpack1957

PostSubject: ...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:23 pm

yea, tuner thought I'd prefer the softer front, which is true, but not if it handles like this.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Depends on the speed and terrain, if you go slow, I have a soft setup as well and it's fine, but I can't push it too hard...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC10 question...   Michelin AC10 question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Michelin AC10 question...
Page 1 of 1