Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Michelin T63 ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kitfox22

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 am

Hello everyone,

Anybody is using Michelin T63 on their WR250R ? It's time to change the OEM tires and I'm looking at the different options. Possible choices also: Michelin AC10, Dunlop 606, Kenda K777/K778, Pirelli Scorpion Rally. I'll be riding 10 % street and 90 % non-paved mostly dry desert conditions.

Thank you,

Martin.
Back to top Go down
duanew

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 am

Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:27 am

Thinking about getting one for the back right now. I've heard good things about the tire, but not from anyone with one shoed on a R².
Back to top Go down
kitfox22

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

Back to top Go down
arpd

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:59 am

I am running T63’s on both my WRR and my KLR and I am very happy with them. I ride the WRR off road, on very technical trails, and the tires work great. You can purchase them for about $55-$60 each at Motorcycle-Superstore.com
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:10 am

Deja Vu from somewhere. I'll make it short and sweet... My only dual sport comparison is the MT21s.

I have them (the T63s) on my LC4. Granted it's got a lot more grunt than a WR, but at 1200 close to half-and-half (desert/pavement) miles they are not wearing well. Even the front tire is down almost to the point of needing replacement.

Having said that, they perform very well and I'd call them good on the pavement even though they are relatively loud.

I bought, but have not yet mounted the IRC Battle Rallies (for the LC4), and looking for any feedback from users of those shoes on the WRR (she's still trying to wear her stock WR tires out).

- Robert
Back to top Go down
kitfox22

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:45 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Deja Vu from somewhere. I'll make it short and sweet... My only dual sport comparison is the MT21s.

I have them (the T63s) on my LC4. Granted it's got a lot more grunt than a WR, but at 1200 close to half-and-half (desert/pavement) miles they are not wearing well. Even the front tire is down almost to the point of needing replacement.

Having said that, they perform very well and I'd call them good on the pavement even though they are relatively loud.

I bought, but have not yet mounted the IRC Battle Rallies (for the LC4), and looking for any feedback from users of those shoes on the WRR (she's still trying to wear her stock WR tires out).

- Robert

Thank you Robert, it sounds like the T63 are wearing somewhat faster then the D606 ! I haven't tried either. I need good performance off-road, but I also need the tires to last while I'm on a trip for a couple of weeks away from any dealer !!!!

Thanks again,

Martin.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 am

Martin,

Again, my use/wear is on a big-bore (even though it doesn't spin the front wheel I push it pretty hard on the pavement ).

Others have claimed to get twice that fairly easily on a WRR. Pretty hard to put complete context to a wear index with all the variables.

...and I'd trade performance and reliability for wear. Others may not have the same trade space.

I used my MT21s strictly off-road and you can hardly tell the difference between a good off-road tire (again, in context - CA desert use).

- Robert
Back to top Go down
kitfox22

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks again Robert Michelin T63 ? 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Michelin T63 ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin T63 ?   Michelin T63 ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Michelin T63 ?