Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
YZEtc

YZEtc

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:30 am

YZEtc wrote:
Moved it in with my other WR.
I hope they play well together. ;)

bsheet2 wrote:
Nice stable!

Yup.
Keeps me stable. :)
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:07 pm

bsheet2 wrote:
How many link chain do you need with that 46 tooth?? You still have 13 in front?

I like the bars!

Thanks! I do not know how many links i need.....all i know is i need a longer chain scratch i might just order a new one.....i will let you know how many it turns out to be

yes i still have the 13 front
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:41 pm

I reckon you'll need 110 links for 13/46 sprockets.

Just in case anybody's wondering, 13/49 sprockets requires 112 links, and the rear axle adjustment ends up being in the middle of the range: :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010111twr-250xx1349sprockets
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Changed the oil. Had some Rotella T 15w40 so just used it. Not sure what was in there before, I jusy bought this bike second hand. But thr Rotella seemed to quiet down the top end some.

Put the massive 2.5 inch lowering link back on. Wanted to see how it handles off road when lowered this much. This link was on there when I got the bike. But national forrest trails are closed due to rain we got recently. Snot. Maybe tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Installed new chain, a DID 520V with a rivet master link.
Sprockets are now 13/49, with a 112-link chain.

Removed AIS parts and blocked-off the ports where they used to be.

Removed airbox flapper and plugged the itty-bitty nipple on the throttle body.

Removed plastic duct on the rear side of the radiator - useless in my opinion.

Removed sidestand cutout switch.

Removed stickers from the bike that had sentimental value to the previous owner, and not the current one. :)
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 pm

What kind of top speed do you get with that large of a sprocket?

Stickers suck in general, I took every single stickler off the boke as soon as I bought it.

Here's a fun fact:
I also bought a brand new Yamaha 242 Limited S in May (yeah, the dealership and Yamaha love me).
I also took all the stickers off of it. There was a ball of stickers THE SIZE OF A BASKETBALL when I was done...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:51 am

I'm guessing around 80mph, but I haven't ridden the bike with it, yet.
Still have the bike inside, doing my maintenance and mods a step at a time.

I didn't remove any of the original stickers the bike came with stock, but a couple that were added afterwards that I didn't want on there. :)
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:16 am

YZEtc wrote:

Removed plastic duct on the rear side of the radiator - useless in my opinion.

My thoughts also....then the first red light I was stuck at on a hot day the fan kicked on, I thought my pants were going to burst into flames.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Installed a new spark plug.
Removed the sound deadening foam from the inside of the right side panel and removed a rubber flap and zip tie in the same area to allow air an easier shot at the airbox intake.
Removed the airbox flapper inside the air intake duct, as well as the bottom half of the duct, itself: :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010211wr-250xxairbox

Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm

I should be able to just order a couple of clip master links to go to 112 right?
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Farmer17 wrote:
I should be able to just order a couple of clip master links to go to 112 right?

you also need the links that go between the Master links, but yeah sure. Why not.
Back to top Go down
railbird

railbird

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:17 pm

..for a whompin'-sized one. :)
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 122610wr-250xxwhompinsprocket002[/quote]

I know it's an optical illusion, but it looks like there are no teeth on that sprocket.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Yes, illusion.
The teeth sides are angled back a bit, and the flash didn't illuminate them. :)
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 pm

velvetcows wrote:
Farmer17 wrote:

you also need the links that go between the Master links, but yeah sure. Why not.

.....good point, i hadnt thought of that poser2 do i have any more options besides buying a new chain???
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Find someone who needs to shorten their chain??
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Brought home more stuff. :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010611wr-250xxstuff
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 pm

I just mounted the new full skidplate and the new Corbin seat.

The skidplate is amazing, fits perfectly, looks good, and looks like it could stop an M1 tank.

The seat is a BEE-EYE-TEA-SEA-ITCH to install. I have had 3 Corbin seats and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has been SO DANG HARD to install.

Part of my problem is the aftermarkest IMS tank, as the very front of the seat pushes up against it hard, and makes it extremely difficult to engage the two seat bolts. I had to add washers to the knob on the tank the seat hooks into, and bend the tab under the seat downward somewhat just to get it to go into position at all.

However, I will concede that the previous 2 Corbin upgrades were fantastically comfortable, so I'll let people know what I think when I've done a good ride on this new one...
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Gus,

Both my Corbins had fitment problems. I can't remember if you had the IMS tank or not, but here was a recent discussion on fitment techniques I used (which you probably already exercised twice now).

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3483-ims-31-gal-and-corbini-see-a-problem?highlight=Corbin+Seat

I think we'll be out the 15-17th in Cal City if you want to come out and camp/ride !

Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 am

Figgured out how to fit the WR into the garage. She does not like sitting out with a tarp over her.

Single track in the national forest has been closed due to rain. What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 490865 So I just went for a spin and checked out a dirt trail along a drainage cannal not far from my house. Fun little jaunt.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:11 am

So far today:

This device found it's way on there:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010611wr-250xxfmfq4

Steering head bearings got a slathering of grease in order to maintain the goodness inside:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010911wr-250xxsteering001

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010911wr-250xxsteering004

Just fork it, dude: :)
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010911wr-250xxforkoil
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:57 pm

YZEtc wrote:
So far today:

Steering head bearings got a slathering of grease in order to maintain the goodness inside:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010911wr-250xxsteering001

Nice work. Do you use a special wrench on the steering stem nuts??? Or do you just hammer them arround with screw driver and hammer? My steering feels a bit too easy. Want to tighten it a bit.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Here's what I use on the ring nuts:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010911wr-250xxsteeringnutwrench

It's a spanner wrench intended for those nuts, sold through the official Yamaha special tool supplier.
The nice thing about it is that you can easily gauge how much torque you're applying since you hold it like any other wrench and get the same feeling like any other wrench.
I don't bother with a torque wrench because I've done this upteen times.
I do this once a year to my street bikes and two or three times a year to my dirt bikes.

Yeah, you could pound the rings around with something and a hammer, but, that way, it's impossible to get a feel for how much torque you just applied.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:02 pm

More stuff.
Front caliper slide pin grease time:

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010911wr-250xxfrontcalipergrease

Had to call in the Programmer:

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 010911wr-250xxfmfpowerprogrammer
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

If the old saying is true, I guess I can never go back: :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 011211wr-250xxblack003
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 2 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next