Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Sproat Sport

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Took her for a ride up to the snow line...messin' around a bit and launched myself into the ditch/bushes...bike was totally upside down...broke the left mirror clean off and almost took the clutch perch with it. Body armor good. Out of practice from winter riding lull...bad. Got a new part to shop for (clutch clamp thingee...and what mirror screws into...that thing)...I'll look it up for the right name. Did I say that body armor is good?

this is what I use:
http://www.bikebandit.com/evs-g6-ballistic-jersey?WT.mc_id=1484958

Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 am

Changed rimstripe colour from orange to blue because ive ordered som GYTR stuff to go with it.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 429652_10150613411778114_660908113_8907618_369910738_n
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 pm

I did an oil change and chopped the whale tail off.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:04 pm

GYTR Bling, Sandman Freedom Case Saver Kit and Rim Stripes. CLICK HERE
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Prep Tink   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Well, did a little prep on Tink.

- New battery.
- Cleaned air filter
- Put ADV - Texas sticker on
- Slime in tires

In about a week, gonna ride the back jeep trails in Big Bend National Park and Big Bend RAnch State Park. I am stoked and ready to go. 10 day forecast. Clear, low 48 high 82. Should be good! Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
pkbinder

PostSubject: What did I do?   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Put on the FMF header and exhaust, changed plasticsa to black, removed exup, installed a powerlet and cig lighter plug, wired in the Garmin, test drove it butt dyno style before I put on the programmer. I hit second a little too hard and the front wheel got some air. Paul
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:40 pm

bsheet2 wrote:

- New battery.
- Cleaned air filter
- Slime in tires

In about a week, gonna ride the back jeep trails in Big Bend National Park and Big Bend RAnch State Park. I am stoked and ready to go. 10 day forecast. Clear, low 48 high 82. Should be good! Peace YAM

I didn't know this, but there is more than one formula. And the "tube type" eats aluminum eeek

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 1220112103

This was on my ice bike. A screw went through the tube, and 8 months later while swapping tires I found this.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Cleaned some space in my junk room shelves..so I can see what I have...which in terms of the WRR works out to be No Toil, 3 cans cleaner, 1 can oil, 1 can rim grease, and 1 extra preoiled filter. woo hoo. thumb
Back to top Go down
john westcott

john westcott

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:58 pm

I had a good day at Windrock yesterday with 3 other guys. I had a front flat twards the end of the day and had to ride about 10 miles back on a flat. I just purchased a Tubliss system for the front, no more pinched tubes for me.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Daamud wrote:
bsheet2 wrote:

- New battery.
- Cleaned air filter
- Slime in tires

I didn't know this, but there is more than one formula. And the "tube type" eats aluminum eeek

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 1220112103

This was on my ice bike. A screw went through the tube, and 8 months later while swapping tires I found this.

Thanks for the info. If I get a flat I will swap it out and clean the rim real good.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Rode my WR250R all street down Jackson Highway to Ione -> Buena Vista -> Valley Springs -> North Lake Comanche then a boring ride back to Elk Grove.

It was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
2Stamp

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Finished up the rear fender trim I've been working on.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 pm

2Stamp wrote:
Finished up the rear fender trim I've been working on.
Pics?
Back to top Go down
2Stamp

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Sure. I chopped the stock plate holder, added an alum plate backer, moved new blinkers more in board.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 P2230093
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 P2230090
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 P2230091

Front is new blinkers moved a bit closer to triple.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 P2230088

I got the blinkers from cycle gear; they are on sale.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 pm

I had my local shop (JSE perfomance) install new 48 tooth Sunstar rear sprocket, my old one was 47 tooth,,13 tooth Sunstar front sprocket,,Sunstar chain,,replaced the seal behind the front sprocket,,took the swingarm and shock linkage apart and regreased everything,,the old grease was very dirty but no rust,,the best thing I did was send my suspension to Go race,,it got revalved, rebuilt,and new springs...I can't wait untill I can test it out on Sunday,,,,I did notice the front end did not dive when stopping.. also I took my Q4 muffler off and pulled out the old packing,,,,tomorrow I will try to repack it and put it all back together,,then I'll clean the K-N air filer and I should be good..............as soon as I work some more overtime,I'll get new tires and maybe brakes and braided front brake line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can anyone recomend if I should replace the brake line and where you bought yours.............thanks......Jason usa
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 am

I had a close call at the Ghetto Track ( abandoned kart track ) yesterday. I got too comfy on my ride. I tucked my front wheel in turn two. I felt it let go and push away. I thought "well, here is my 1st Low Side" I regained control and the tires hooked back up. I rode away unscathed.
SO, I decided I'd move forward on the axle sliders project. In the event I do low side. I won't trash my bike.
My DIY kit consist of a few things.
1. SK8 Wheels 100A Durometer wheels. I
chose 100's because I prefer that hardness for the event I low side my bike. 100's will slide VS 85's that would grip possibly flipping my bike causing further damage.
2.Three foot threaded rod. This will be used as a through axle. I'll cut the rod, slide it through the bike's axle and bolt the wheels on each side of the bike.
3. Eight standard washers to push in to the wheels for stability. I'm using them as if they were wheel bearings. Only not as costly and there is really no need for the wheels to roll.
4. Eight standard nuts for mounting the wheels. However, I only used six. I sandwiched the wheel between two washers and two nuts on one side only. I used only one nut for the other wheel on the opposite side of the bike. In the event of a flat tire, all I'll need to do is take off one nut and slide the axle out.
Total cost $35 and about 2 hours of my time.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 Csc_9111
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 Csc_9112
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 Csc_9113

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 Dsc_9110
Back to top Go down
pkbinder

PostSubject: Today?   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Installed a HDB plate. And JT helped me (or I helped him) install my FMF Programmer. After a test ride my arms felt longer. Also removed and plugged that solonoid stuff. This week: New 3gal IMS tank, Yamalink and heated grips. Then I'm done. Promise. Paul
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Like my nitro can???

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 9a001195
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: Hand Guards   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Added the Zeta Hand-guards with integrated signals. They seem kind of cheap!
I like the acerbis hand-guards on my XT225 - they are more substantial.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:20 pm

to Midnite 171,,,your bike looks cool,,I've seen red bull stickers but yours is the first full throttle,,,,,,my question is ,,How do you keep your WRR so clean?????????????????????it looks brand new ,,,,,,,,,,,mine is always dirty,,,Jason,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thumb
Back to top Go down
IdahoRenegade

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 am

Still waiting for the ice to melt off my road. I finished up some detals on the IMS 4.7 install today and mounted the PMB rack. Hope to ride next week.
Back to top Go down
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm

I just received my Spiral StepDown seat today. Just a heads up, My stock seat hardware was too short. So I hit the local hardware store and picked up some longer ones. I bought four 6mm X 20mm allen head bolt. They matche the #5 allen wrench that I use to take off my plastics. I only needed three. The third one goes to my air box door. <--- It was a Phillips head. Now all I need is one tool for the seat, plastics and the air box. I noticed that the StepDown seat weighs a lot less. I didn't have a scale for the exact weight, but it feels like half the weight of the stock seat. I just sent my camera off to be cleaned so no photos today. Maybe later this week.
I'll test it out tomorrow and give ya my 2 cents.
Cheers !
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:47 pm

StreetGhost wrote:

I'll test it out tomorrow and give ya my 2 cents.
Cheers !

Perhaps you'll have a different opinion than me. <-- clicky eeek

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 pm

This was technically Sunday and Today. I went back to the stock exhaust. I also added a resistor in the EXUP servo plug to kill the check engine light (CEL). No more CEL and much quieter. Most guys think I am crazy for going back to stock but I like quiet bikes. One of the exhaust shield bolts were missing so I just threw one on for now until I either get the correct one or buy two more like the one I used so they are all the same.

From this:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 FMFPC4

To this:
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 WR250R-5
Back to top Go down
2Stamp

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Changed my front and rear sprocket (to a 48) and replaced the chain. just need to set the chain tension and ride it this weekend .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 13 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next