Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fuel pump

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbyward

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:31 pm

have a 3/09 wr 250x and some times it just won't start, i know the pump isn't running when this happens, if you hear the pump with the turn of the key it runs, its just that simple.
i have to assume its the pump causing this problem.
anyone hear of a recall or anything like that about them ?
not fun not know when its going to start or not
thanks
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:52 pm

There's no official recall in the USA, but some people have gotten their fuel pumps replaced under warranty by having their Yamaha dealer see the problem for themselves.

My 2008 WR-250R acted-up on me a couple of times in the same manner you describe (pump can't be heard running when you turn the key on, and no start), so I bought a new one and carried on without further trouble.
Back to top Go down
greer

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 am

Check that Sticky at "What Broke". Hate to hear about your pump trouble.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: pump   fuel pump EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:15 pm

[quote="YZEtc"]There's no official recall in the USA, but some people have gotten their fuel pumps replaced under warranty by having their Yamaha dealer see the problem for themselves.

My 2008 WR-250R acted-up on me a couple of times in the same manner you describe (pump can't be heard running when you turn the key on, and no start), so I bought a new one and carried on without further trouble.[/quote
going to talk to them next week.
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: pump   fuel pump EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:19 pm

greer wrote:
Check that Sticky at "What Broke". Hate to hear about your pump trouble.

Sarah
my wife hates it when that happens too .....................
i carry a tow strap on my drz for just incase, the drz always runs, the wr has had starting problems several times.
keeps it up might need to find a new home for it !
i have several yamaha's 2 & 4 wheels and this is the only injected one and the only one i have trouble with too .
with the pump costing about 250.00 im not happy about that , bike has about 2500 e-z miles.
Back to top Go down
greer

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:21 pm

If you've got the patience to deal with Customer Service, Yamaha will likely replace the pump. They have for most folks. It's supposed to be covered under the emissions warranty, regardless of age or miles. Lots of Yamaha scooters with the same issue, but I reckon their problem was so widespread most of the dealers were up to speed and took care of it with little hassle.

Now your other pump.............??

Sarah
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:13 pm

greer wrote:
If you've got the patience to deal with Customer Service, Yamaha will likely replace the pump. They have for most folks. It's supposed to be covered under the emissions warranty, regardless of age or miles. Lots of Yamaha scooters with the same issue, but I reckon their problem was so widespread most of the dealers were up to speed and took care of it with little hassle.

Now your other pump.............??

Sarah
well i talked to my dealer and he contacted yamaha only to find out my bike has a 4 yr extended warranty on it
so its covered after all, its at the shop and hopefully next week sometime it comes back, but today its snowing and i don't think its going anywhere for a few days anyway.
so thanks to the original owner i'm covered.
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:16 pm

i'm going to order a new one (my bike is in the affected vin range) and keep the old one as backup.
if i order one online, should i specify a later year model (i.e. 2009, 2010) rather than 2008?
it shouldn't make a difference, but thought i'd ask anyways.

?
Back to top Go down
greer

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 am

Bobby-- Glad that worked out!

Clapped-- If you get a definitive word on that, please pass it along.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Bobby: If you are a NEW owner of a previously registered warranty registrar, and have NOT transferred the warranty, they could potentially balk at some point.

The instructions are on the warranty paperwork that tell you how to re-reg the warranty into YOUR name. Something to re-look at (just in case) anyways.

P.S. Seems pretty obvious that the pump would be the culprit when the key is turned-"On" and there is no noise coming from it. ...but I'm just a run-of-the-mill wannabe rocket scientist.
Back to top Go down
bobbyward

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 am

X-Racer wrote:
Bobby: If you are a NEW owner of a previously registered warranty registrar, and have NOT transferred the warranty, they could potentially balk at some point.

The instructions are on the warranty paperwork that tell you how to re-reg the warranty into YOUR name. Something to re-look at (just in case) anyways.

P.S. Seems pretty obvious that the pump would be the culprit when the key is turned-"On" and there is no noise coming from it. ...but I'm just a run-of-the-mill wannabe rocket scientist.
i bought the bike from another dealer and i didn't get any paper work about warranty or anything.
my dealer i have done business with since the late 70's and they are the ones that said it was under warranty and would take care of it for me, so that should not be an issue as i was trying to get them to warranty it out of what i thought was warranty anyway.
thanks
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Good deal...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump   fuel pump Empty

Back to top Go down