Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Zeta handguards

Go down 
+2
railbird
mash100
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mash100

mash100

Zeta handguards Empty
PostSubject: Zeta handguards   Zeta handguards EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:27 am

Howdy all. Anybody got experience with these: http://www.motoskinzfx.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1696
Will they fit stock bars? Will I need to modify clutch/brake levers? Will I need to re-route any wires/cables on bars?? My X has the cr*ppy Yammy handguards that are great against wind & rain, but would be totally useless in a fall.......
Back to top Go down
railbird

railbird

Zeta handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeta handguards   Zeta handguards EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:10 am

They should go on with no modification in stock configuration. I had them on mine until I switched to tapered bars. My only objection was that they did not seem to fit square at the bar end when mounted on the inboard bracket. Holding them square to the bar end would put the inboard end almost right up against the bar. I just left them out of the end a few millimeters and they were ok, no drag on the throttle pipe. Maybe I just got a set that were bent a little off. They were well made, hardware and billet mount are good quality. The black anodizing on the bars did fade to a brown in only one season, though. I now have MSR's which I drilled to accept the Carbon air deflectors from my Zeta's.
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

Zeta handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeta handguards   Zeta handguards EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I have them, they served their purpose more thna once. And Still holding up. Bolted right up the stock bar.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

Zeta handguards Empty
PostSubject: help help help   Zeta handguards EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:06 pm

i just recieved my new zeta handguards with flashers and bent style bar but they will not mount flat up agaist the bar end side if i have the inboard clamp mounts on it seems like my zeta bar is bent a lil too much sholud i try to unbend the bar or what did other ppl do if they had this problem plz help its making me pissed i spent 150 for the whole kit and i cant even istall it baldy
Back to top Go down
Toddwr250r

Toddwr250r

Zeta handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeta handguards   Zeta handguards EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 pm

addikted2boost wrote:
i just recieved my new zeta handguards with flashers and bent style bar but they will not mount flat up agaist the bar end side if i have the inboard clamp mounts on it seems like my zeta bar is bent a lil too much sholud i try to unbend the bar or what did other ppl do if they had this problem plz help its making me pissed i spent 150 for the whole kit and i cant even istall it baldy

assemble everything loose and hold in place while tightening everything equally
Back to top Go down
09wr250x

Zeta handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeta handguards   Zeta handguards EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:32 am

For those of you who managed to mount the straight ones on the stock bars, Did the stock clamps tighten up tight to the bar? Mine clamped as tight as they go still do not clamp securely on the bar. Am I missing something? I was debating using rubber shims to help snug things up...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zeta handguards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeta handguards   Zeta handguards Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeta handguards
Page 1 of 1