Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Zeta or Cycra handguards

Go down 
+11
LacRouge
NAL250R
boze_man
Rule292
Midnite171
trav72
little squirt
SheWolf
Jäger
X-Racer
AaronWhitt82
15 posters
AuthorMessage
AaronWhitt82

Zeta or Cycra handguards Empty
PostSubject: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:09 am

I'm trying to get a list of aftermarket parts together for when I purchase my 250X this weekend so I can have the dealer order all the parts for me.
I can't decide between the Cycra probend alloy bar pack with the triple clamp side mount system or the Zeta Armor Handguards (Bend/Black) with Zeta XC Hand Protectors and side type handuard mount.
They will be mounted to Pro Taper Contour bars with the CR High bend if that makes any difference.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:09 am

Any particular reason you are not considering the Acerbis guards ?
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:43 am

No particular reason. Just never really looked in to them and the Zeta and Cycra seem to be really great products. Acerbis is probably just as good though so I'll have to take a look at them as well.
I just want the ones that are going to fit best and I won't have to tweak them at all.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 am

If I'd had all three of the handguards you're considering on the bike, I might be able to provide an informed opinion.

All I can say is I have the Cycra Probends with the triple mount clamps and I really like them. Enough that I'll probably never find out how the others would be.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 am

I have the Zeta's and love them. Have had them on the bike right from the start pretty much, and they are holding up to everything I've put the bike thru. thumb

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:47 pm

i got cycra probends with the fork mount and they are perfect! Rock solid

Zeta or Cycra handguards 96e5a773
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks for your opinions. I'm not even sure which brand the dealer can get yet so I'll hafta wait and see.
Little Squirt - I was following your thread on super moto junkie with all the mods you did to your bike.
Helped me with a good list of what to get for mine !!!!
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Can the triple mounts be purchase separately?
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Yes they can. I think they are around $40. Cycra, Zeta and Acerbis all make the triple clamp mounts.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm on my 3rd set of handguards. I now have the Zeta and I'm finally happy and satisfied with the look and feel.
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 am

The dealer could only get Acerbis and Cycra. I went with Cycra in black and the triple clamp side mounts !!!!
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 am

AaronWhitt82 wrote:
I'm trying to get a list of aftermarket parts together for when I purchase my 250X this weekend so I can have the dealer order all the parts for me.
I can't decide between the Cycra probend alloy bar pack with the triple clamp side mount system or the Zeta Armor Handguards (Bend/Black) with Zeta XC Hand Protectors and side type handuard mount.
They will be mounted to Pro Taper Contour bars with the CR High bend if that makes any difference.
Thanks

Any interest in the HDB guards?

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=Yamaha_HG

They look sweet especially with the PowerLet top clamp.

Anyone have any experience with the HDB guards?
Back to top Go down
boze_man

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:32 pm

little squirt wrote:
i got cycra probends with the fork mount and they are perfect! Rock solid

Zeta or Cycra handguards 96e5a773

looks good...are the fork mounts plug and play or do ya need longer bolts? also do the guards have the bolts to mount to the side mounts?
Back to top Go down
NAL250R

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:39 pm

The Cycra Probend side mounts do not come with the pinch bolts. You will need to get new pinch bolts, since the side mount is .5 inches thick the stock bolts will be too short. I used M8-1.25 X 55 bolts. Got them at Ace Hardware if you have one of those close to you.
Back to top Go down
boze_man

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:01 pm

NAL250R wrote:
The Cycra Probend side mounts do not come with the pinch bolts. You will need to get new pinch bolts, since the side mount is .5 inches thick the stock bolts will be too short. I used M8-1.25 X 55 bolts. Got them at Ace Hardware if you have one of those close to you.

thanks for the heads up...ace around the corner...also could the cycra sidemounts work with zeta guards?
Back to top Go down
LacRouge

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:39 pm

I have the cycra probends with the side mounts on my R, I have protaper CR high bars and found that the mounts dont go high enough to get the guards up in the right position in front of the bars, they are tilted down too low for my liking.

I did however lay the bike down a few times in the dirt and once on the road, and havent bent the bars yet. did bend the right handguard on the road though, but was able to hammer it back into shape somewhat.

the bar clamp mounts are on order though, and will see how those fit want to get the guards up higher so the wind isnt hitting the top of my hands.

as far as strength goes I think the side mounts are superior, and would like to find a way to make them work
Back to top Go down
mostexcellentdude

mostexcellentdude

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 pm

LacRouge wrote:
I have the cycra probends with the side mounts on my R,   I have protaper CR high bars   and found that the mounts dont go high enough to get the guards up in the right position in front of the bars,   they are tilted down too low for my liking.  

I did however lay the bike down a few times in the dirt and once on the road,  and havent bent the bars yet.   did bend the right handguard on the road though,   but was able to hammer it back into shape somewhat.

the bar clamp mounts are on order though,  and will see how those fit     want to get the guards up higher so the wind isnt hitting the top of my hands.      

as far as strength goes   I think the side mounts are superior,  and would like to find a way to make them work

Here I go digging up an old thread.. has anyone else had this problem with the CR high bars? I'm running them with the pro taper rubber mounts and would like to either order Cycra or Zeta handguards.
Back to top Go down
dwollie

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 3:23 am

Does anyone have Tusk handguards? I'm thinking of getting a pair because they are not pricey.
Back to top Go down
border411

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 4:40 am

dwollie wrote:
Does anyone have Tusk handguards? I'm thinking of getting a pair because they are not pricey.

I have run them exclusively on all of my past bikes. They have been plenty tough, and cheap as well. I prefer the MX shields, but that is just me.
Back to top Go down
JimTid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 am

I have the Zeta hand guards with integrated turn signals. They mount to the triple tree. I was glad to get rid of the OEM blinkers. The integrated blinkers have far less visibility. I low sided on a lime rock road at about 30 MPH. It bent a little and pushed up on the brake fluid reservoir banjo bolt which caused me to lose front brake pressure. It is a well made product and offers good protection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeta or Cycra handguards   Zeta or Cycra handguards Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeta or Cycra handguards
Page 1 of 1