Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250 R/X built in Programmer

Go down 
+13
motardmixion
dmmcd
aizatnorman
crazy_dave
rydnseek
Justlookin
motoman250f
WRRSam
WRXer
Dancamp
jdberry
Jäger
mordicai
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dmmcd

dmmcd

WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 am

I played with this yesterday. I have an 08 wrx with fmf q4, ais removed, and airbox opened up. I also have the fmf programmer. I had a pretty bad off-idle cutout, especially when the bike was cold and I am riding easy. I have been trying to tune it out with the programmer. I decided to check these Co settings. Mine was set to -11. It had a very slight misfire at idle, just slightly rough. I adjusted the C1 all the way up and found it goes to 126, and all the way down to -128. I was expecting a range of +/-30. At the upper limit, I could smell fuel really strong out the exhaust. At the lower limit it immediately stalled. So that is consistent with the adjustment affecting the mixture, with higher numbers being rich. I set it to 0, which definitely smoothed out the idle, but i haven't had a chance to ride since making the change.

I think this setting may compliment the fmf programmer. The pp does not have any idle or just off throttle adjustments as far as I can tell. I don't know that it will bump hp at all, but I hope it will smooth out the bottom range.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

I keep committing the cardinal sin of tuning and changing too many things at once, but I can say my bike runs MUCH better now. I adjusted the C1 to 0 (from -11) and also tweaked the map in the FMF pp and opened up the airbox. The off idle stumble is almost entirely gone, even when cold. The throttle response is MUCH more linear, with a really strong mid-throttle pull where before it seemed like all or nothing at very small throttle inputs.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:04 am

does it matter what elevation your at? im only at like 300ft above sea level...
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:25 am

With efi elevation doesnt matter at all, it adjust for that all on its own.
You should try a few different CO settings tho, every bike is a tiny bit different, just because someone elses bike works best with it set to 5 doesnt mean 5 is the best setting for your bike. Plus its super easy to adjust/fine tune.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:51 am

Okay cool! Thanks!!!! Ill play with it :)
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

PostSubject: Diag mode for CO Adjustment   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 2:20 pm

I installed a jumper to the unused black wire on the lean / angle sensor and I am able to get into Diag mode, but I am not able to get into CO adjustment mode. Anyone else have this issue?
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 1:30 pm

so i messed around with my C1 setting recently and couldn't really tell a difference, even when go up to +25 or down to -25 while riding. I assume I would want my bike to be more rich since these bikes come lean from the factory to pass emissions. I have mine set at +25 right now because I couldn't tell much of a difference and I had a trip up to Mammoth where I knew it needed to be more rich for the elevation. I live in SoCal and my stock setting was 0. I don't have any mods on my bike, just want it to be snappier off the bottom end. Anyone else have any input on what settings help? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 7:31 pm

mr_mcbride wrote:
I installed a jumper to the unused black wire on the lean / angle sensor and I am able to get into Diag mode, but I am not able to get into CO adjustment mode. Anyone else have this issue?

To get to diagnostic mode. Ground black wire. Turn key on while holding select 1 and reset. From there hit select 1, changes to co settings, then hold down select 1 and reset again until ur jobbie changes to c1 settings, release and hold them down again to get the adjustable settings

Don't listen to him on the wiring... He grounds out through the lean angel sensor ground and you cant run the bike like that...
I'd imagine this has all been said somewhere before....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250 R/X built in Programmer   WR250 R/X built in Programmer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250 R/X built in Programmer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2