Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...

Go down 
+3
little squirt
skierd
zone47
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... Empty
PostSubject: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:29 am

Either one is about $90 shipped. I kind of like the first one except there is no support in the front. dddog
I'm thinking I could make a little mount to give it some support. The second aluminum rack is pretty straight forward.
Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... WTrcv

Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... RIvfR

Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... HZiTg

dunno
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:16 am

I had the second one (flatlands), it worked pretty well for what it is. I liked that I got to keep the helmet lock with it, it also doesn't try to use the mounting point on the exhaust side that dirtbagz or the wolfman expedition racks use.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:42 pm

IMO, that first one is useless............

I'm actually looking into a couple racks myself, top of my list is the ProMoto Billet rack.
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm

My pref is #1 as I would rather not drill the fenders, but that just MOP.
Back to top Go down
combo

combo

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 pm

M1A Rifleman wrote:

+1
I don't like drilling either, and if you don't need a rack on your bike most of the time, it's a good option

Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 pm

little squirt wrote:

I'm actually looking into a couple racks myself, top of my list is the ProMoto Billet rack.

Good point on the helmet lock, I didn't catch that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 pm

combo wrote:
M1A Rifleman wrote:

+1
I don't like drilling either, and if you don't need a rack on your bike most of the time, it's a good option

rear fenders are only like $25, i have no problem drilling holes in one.......
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:54 pm

little squirt wrote:

Mine works quite well for me, it's expensive, it takes no time at all to mount a surface extension to it, when you want a bigger rack - and those forward facing tubes are just begging to become the female ferrules in side racks that extend down from there to the footpegs. Odd thing... those that have these racks like them. Those that have never owned them don't think much of them.

I don't like drilling my fenders when not necessary either, and in this case (for me) I don't think it is necessary. Nor (for me) is the expense of a ProMoto billet rack necessary. I have never used the helmet lock yet, so hardly missed it when it came off.

To each (and their pocketbooks) their own.
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:55 pm

I like the PRO MOTO BILLET ones. They're trick looking and all their products are TOP NOTCH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...   Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown... Empty

Back to top Go down

Which fender rack would you buy out of these two shown...
Page 1 of 1