Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Southern Indiana peeps looky looky

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oPAULo

oPAULo

Southern Indiana peeps looky looky Empty
PostSubject: Southern Indiana peeps looky looky   Southern Indiana peeps looky looky EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Paul from Bedford. The WR250X is actually my GF's but I'm the wrench so here I is.
Great looking forum!! Looks like loads of mods and information.
1st priority is any fixes that should be done. 2008 model with 5,000 miles.
Previous owner added some zeta goodies and that's it. Bone stock.
2nd priority is to shed some weight and ditch the giant Star Trek enterprise thing
hanging off the rear fender.
3rd and final and not really important to her just yet is power.
Oh currently looking for some dirt wheels too. Here's Amy.
Southern Indiana peeps looky looky DSC04840

Here's me. Don't be jealous Yamaheads. LOL!!

Southern Indiana peeps looky looky Dg1
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana peeps looky looky   Southern Indiana peeps looky looky EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Howdy, peeps. :)

Nah, I ain't jealous.
I used to own a DR-Z400SMK9, myself: ;)

Southern Indiana peeps looky looky Dr-z400smk9007

There ain't any fixes like the Loctite fixes or installing a manual cam chain tensioner.

Only real potential trouble spot is the fuel pumps on some bikes get cranky and quit due to normal engine heat reducing operating clearances of critical parts on the pump and not allowing it to spin.
If Amy's WR-250X ever fails to start and you can't hear the fuel pump spinning when you first turn on the ignition switch, that's the telltale sign.
At least they usually start and run fine once it cools down for an hour.
Changing the fuel pump is fairly easy.
This was all due to a supposed batch of pumps not built to spec.

See the Sweet Mods forum on here for the mods everyone does, which are basically just typical uncorking as far as performance goes.
Also, the bikes are geared to the moon so lots of riders gear them down, too.

All I know is I'm anxious to get my own 2008 WR-250X out instead of having it sit here behind me. :)
Back to top Go down
oPAULo

oPAULo

PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana peeps looky looky   Southern Indiana peeps looky looky EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 pm

That's a sharp lookin SM!! So what would compell you to trade off for a WR??

Thanks for the reply. I want rid of the stock pipe on this WR so bad!! She says
she likes the quiet smooth ride. scratch This is going to be difficult.... dddog
I gotta get some R wheels and find a big hill for her to smash that pipe on so
she'll let me replace it.

Loud pipes save lives sweety!! It's more safer!!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana peeps looky looky   Southern Indiana peeps looky looky EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:51 pm

The DR-Z was fun (awesome front brake), and I owned and rode it for almost exactly one year - Oct. 2008 through Oct. 2009.
During that time (June of 2009), I bought (on a whim) a 2008 WR-250R (the dual-purpose bike) for what seemed like a steal:
The bike had 117 miles on it and the price was $3,500.
Even though the dip-shit that told me about the bike said it was a WR-250X, once I saw he was stoned and probably BSed me just to get me to come see it, I decided to buy it anyway since it seemed too good to pass-up.

From there, I rode both of the bikes (DR-Z on the street and WR-250R for on-and-off-road riding), and started to get back into trail riding with the WR-250R.
Once fall came, I was getting even more into trail riding, I sold the DR-Z after a solid year of enjoyment, and used to money to buy my current off-road bike in November of 2009:
A 2009 Yamaha WR-250F.

The WR-250R then became my street bike until September of 2010.
I sold that and used that money to buy my current street bike, a 2008 WR-250X, which is the model I really hoped to be buying back in June of 2009. :)
Back to top Go down
oPAULo

oPAULo

PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana peeps looky looky   Southern Indiana peeps looky looky EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 am

Ah. Cool. 2 bikes is the way to go. I've been using mine for both. Kind of a pain sometimes but not too bad. I can swap from street to dirt in under an hour. We intend to do the same with Amy's WR.

Southern Indiana peeps looky looky Untitled17
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Indiana peeps looky looky   Southern Indiana peeps looky looky Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern Indiana peeps looky looky
Page 1 of 1