Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G2 qick turn throttle installed

Go down 
+7
Midnite171
WRXer
veekzNUTS
Striper19
cryptomundo
motokid
little squirt
11 posters
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

G2 qick turn throttle installed Empty
PostSubject: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Finally came in the mail today!! cant wait to ride her tom and see how different it is...

G2 qick turn throttle installed D1b1f3a4

G2 qick turn throttle installed 219ed473

G2 qick turn throttle installed B2dd8335

G2 qick turn throttle installed Ff21d2c1

G2 qick turn throttle installed Cd1531f5

now you can either cut down the throttle tube or file off the knobby keyway that hold stock throttle at a set distance.

G2 qick turn throttle installed Bb0bfec0

G2 qick turn throttle installed C9135763
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:06 pm

And......how much less rotation does it take to go from fullly closed to WFO?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:21 pm

either like 1/3 less or 1/4 less movement from idle to wide open from what i can tell. will have a ride report up tom.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 am

lurk let us know what you think .. i bought one recently waiting for the temp to raise above freezing so i can go out and install it
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:14 am

i bought the cheaper quick turn aluminum throttle tube from wheeling.... havent gotten it in yet but i called them and they said its 25% short turn.... same as this without the annodize?
Back to top Go down
veekzNUTS

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:59 am

i've had this on my X for about a year now. it isn't a quick turn tube like that compared to sportbikes. however, it does serve a purpose, i no longer have to regrip to go WOT and the feel is a lot more sturdy and smoother compared to stock. its a definite improvement over the stock tube. i'm sure you will like it... alohas

ps i dremeled the tabs on my throttle housing, haven't had a single problem with it slipping... wonder if the g2 cam system would work for us? the quick turn wasn't cheap and i didnt want to waste money buying the cam system and have it not work or perform poorly.
Back to top Go down
Striper19

Striper19

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 pm

veekzNUTS wrote:
i've had this on my X for about a year now. it isn't a quick turn tube like that compared to sportbikes. however, it does serve a purpose, i no longer have to regrip to go WOT and the feel is a lot more sturdy and smoother compared to stock. its a definite improvement over the stock tube. i'm sure you will like it... alohas

ps i dremeled the tabs on my throttle housing, haven't had a single problem with it slipping... wonder if the g2 cam system would work for us? the quick turn wasn't cheap and i didnt want to waste money buying the cam system and have it not work or perform poorly.

Talking about the G2 version or the Quick turn cheapo from wheeling?
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

ok, well after two days of riding back and forth to work i'm in love.

1. much less effort getting going, i mean i used to have to give a pretty good twist to get going, now its almost effortless. just a little crack on the throttle and your moving on.

2. mid to wide open, noticable improvement on total movement needed.

3. bike actually seems like its faster taking off from a stand still. maybe cause now im giving it more throttle with the same amount of movement im used to.

nice little upgrade though, worth the $60 ehhhh hard to tell, then again i buy so much stuff for WR its all justified Very happy
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:30 pm

cool .. thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:17 pm

Although I dont have a G2 I would recommend it over the cheap (zeta I think) one from wheeling. I have had all aluminum throttle tubes & all they do is bite into the handlebar & gall the hell out of everything. The G2 has delerin bushings to there is no metal to metal contact or wear--not to mention much less drag.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:55 pm

I had a quick turn throttle on my last dirtbike, and although it was great on the track (0-60 with like a half a turn of the throttle) I gotta say that it sucked on the trails. I would actually change it to accomodate where I was riding. If it was fast tracks, fields and long dirt roads, it was fine. But in the slower areas, I needed more control than the quick throttle was giving me. I know that there is a quick throttle out there that has 3 replaceable throttle rings for customizable performance. Might be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:49 pm

I installed my G2 quick turn throttle yesterday and so far so good .. i need some time on the trails before i can say much about the performance but from what i can tell i am liken the difference (from stock). i also took the opportunity to replace my old grips with new ones .. i bought some domino grips from g2 along with the throttle tube .. my old grips were supposed to have stopped some of the vibrations and so they were a bit bigger .. i feel like i have much better control with a smaller grip and im really happy with the dominos so far.
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 am

Wich one is it on the website it says yz or wrf... Yamaha's site sells it but say wont fit a wrr or wrx..

Where's the right one?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Med take a look at the top pic, there is a part number on it. Take that to the bike shop, they should be able to cross reference a number with Parts Canada or Kimpex...or whatever parts supplier handles that piece. I'm going to give mine a call and see if they can get one in. I don't mind the stock tube, but if this thing gives you just that bit more edge on response then it's worth it. thumb Just wondering which one is the better bet, the Quick Turn or the Throttle tamer.... dunno

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 pm

I have the G2, but with the throtte tamer cam. Makes the throttle response much smoother, without the all the jerky-ness.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Thanks Mord, I was wondering what the diff was between the two. thumb

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:23 am

I bought a Quick-TUrn Throttle Tube and the item description is below;

Vendor # 50-200-YZF
Model # YZF250-450 (1998 & newer)

I called G2 and spoke to someone before ordering, so they confirmed that was correct for the WRR.

Back to top Go down
NAL250R

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:50 pm

G2 has a holiday special 20% percent off and free shipping in the USA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G2 qick turn throttle installed   G2 qick turn throttle installed Empty

Back to top Go down

G2 qick turn throttle installed
Page 1 of 1