Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?

Go down 
+9
WRXer
cryptomundo
GaryH
zone47
motokid
little squirt
BuilderBob
YZEtc
WR250X
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
usgpru27

Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?   Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Oh yea... Performance as is will be flat and horrible.. I am only speaking from a damage standpoint. LOL yea it would be horrible. Be it a full on race motor or a production motor is a stretch for sure. I merely wanted to note that detonation is detonation in whatever power plant you have. And its a real PITA..I mainly wanted to point out that I do in fact have a lot of experience with detonation... And I hate it..

Yes I really do think its a little overblown.. But that is a good thing also. maybe it does stop people from going "to far". I would not worry about it until you start bumping compression more or start playing with cams.. Again just me.

I have read quite a few threads on fuel mileage also. Does anyone have a handle on the effect of fuel mileage when a programmer is used against stock? I would assume it should be against a dyno tuned bike to ensure the baseline is in line with the mods. It would be interesting to see, as a percent, the increase in fuel usage as a gauge to determine the modification fuel requirements. I read some saying that their bikes now get 20% less fuel mileage with mods.. In fact that is a lot of offset and would certainly get me personally thinking about this more... 20% is a lot..

I think manufacturers put their engines through quite a bit of testing and pure abuse to find the limits. I personally think that would be a great job.. Trying to break something all day has to be fun...

Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?   Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 pm

I think ill start looking for a programmer then!

Im really blown away by how much of a response the topic has created! I love it.
Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?   Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:26 pm

20% WOW! thats actually quite a bit.... so if you put a PC3 on it would it fix/prevent that at all?
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?   Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 pm

well, since I started this post, I bought and installed the programmer.

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT ADVICE. It ran fine without one, but it runs MUCH MUCH BETTER with one installed and loaded with a proper map.

thanks again for the push in the right direction, the users on this forum are awesome!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?   Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I run exhaust without fuel/engine management?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2