Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust

Go down 
+10
little squirt
usgpru27
sswrx
wrxpro
mordicai
BuilderBob
PYG RYDR
YZEtc
dc4stroke
WR250X
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WR250X

WR250X

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:55 am

Ive been patiently watching ebay waiting for a good exhaust system, and finally got what I was after!

UPDATE:
Install and impression Its better than I expected on all levels

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust IMG_0803

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust IMG_0804

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust IMG_0805

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust IMG_0807

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust IMG_0808

Last edited by WR250X on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:08 am

Sure hope that thing fits. It looks like the instruction sheet says it's for a WR250F. Keep us informed. Hope it works for ya.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 am

Same feelings here.
The S-bend in the mid pipe and how far away from the canister the mid pipe mount is looks scary to me.

Hopefully, those are just "generic" pics.
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Confirmed to be the right set, the seller noted the install instructions were generic and had the wrong bike listed on them.

I guess ill let you know when i install it next week!

wings
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Beautiful!

Sweet!

Nice catch!
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Very nice! You got a great deal, about half of what I paid for mine. Congrats! cheers
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 pm

No that's not going to fit your bike, but I'll do you a favor and take it off you hands for $20 over what you paid.
Back to top Go down
wrxpro

wrxpro

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 am

haha i was watching that same auction really thought it would go for around $300 cause no one was bidding

still love my pc4
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Post a video & link on you tube after the install & let us hear what the thing sounds like. Never heard a Graves on a WRR/X yet.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:12 pm

I have not mounted my Graves up yet. I compared the mid pipe on your picture to mine and they look identical. It appears to me that in fact it looks like an 08 X system. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

did ya get it yet? lurk
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Nice score. That's the one I wanted!
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Installed it last night, waited till today for the RTV sealant to cure.

rode it to work today,, ITS AWESOME !!!

Sounds great, and produces smoother bottom end power than factory equipment did.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Pictures????
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:02 pm

What did you seal with RTV?
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm

usgpru27 wrote:
What did you seal with RTV?

Anywhere that two pieces join. All the joints are slip fit, without clamps. So there is the possibility for small leaks.

Basically just coated up the fitting between the header pipe and tail pipe, and then the fitting between the tail pipe and the slip on muffler. Apply liberally to the insides making sure to keep the outside clean.

Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:42 am

picture time. (above)
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:01 am

Looks very nice. :)
Do you have a fuel programmer?
If not, you gotta' get one. thumb
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 am

YZEtc wrote:
Looks very nice. :)
Do you have a fuel programmer?
If not, you gotta' get one. thumb

Im at the point where it would help to have one, but i dont think its absolutely needed yet. Bike only has 100km on it so far. I was going to wait till 1000km before i decide
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:48 pm

The bike runs much better with one. :)
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 pm

YZEtc wrote:
The bike runs much better with one. :)

Do you have a PC5 and a map you like? or what are you running?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 pm

I use the FMF Power Programmer.
Just taking it out of the box and plugging it in makes a nice difference.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 pm

Dynojet has a map for the Graves..
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 am

Ok, where are you? My bike's on the road so we should go riding. I could have sworn you said around Vernon/Kelowna.

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Kelowna.

Happily riding it everyday since i bought it!

Id be up for a group ride as soon as the weather warms up, I take Sundays off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust   Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

Ebay score! Graves carbon fiber exhaust
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next