Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Before and After Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo Insert!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
matt_leit

matt_leit

Before and After Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo Insert! Empty
PostSubject: Before and After Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo Insert!   Before and After Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo Insert! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Hey everyone! I got my Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo insert today in the mail and just threw it on.

First and foremost I bought it with the expectation that it probably won't do much, but I got a good deal on eBay and decided to give it a try. In no way did I expect serious changes or similar performance to a full exhaust/header/programmer upgrade. thumb

To begin here are a few videos: (Forgive the angles..Took it with my iPhone, so they are VERY high quality... wink

My stock 2011 WR250R idling with NO modifications :

My stock 2011 WR250R without a spark arrestor/end cap:

My Stock 2011 WR250R WITH the Graves Hi-Flo Exhaust insert.

Here's everything that came in the package:

Photobucket

Basically a few longer bolts to replace the stock ones, the exhaust insert, and a sticker.

Before putting it in :

Photobucket

Just got the old SA/insert out:

Photobucket

A side by side comparison:

Photobucket

The new insert installed:
Photobucket

Performance:

Granted I only took the bike out for about 15-20 minutes, so this may change in time. The first thing I noticed was that it was noticeably louder, but not annoying such as when there is no insert in the pipe. Definitely felt more "BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP" --eee.

If there was any change, it was in the low end. Not sure if it was in my head or just a placebo effect from the louder noise behind my head, but it felt like it was breathing a little better without the little peashooter that was in before.

Conclusion:

For more "BRAAAAAPPPPP" and some very small... minuscule performance increase, it definitely did the job for what I wanted out of it. Granted, eventually I would like to do a full upgrade on the exhaust system + add a programmer, this will do for now thumb Not a bad little piece to buy if you get it at a good price. I'm riding to work tomorrow so I'll continue to give updates + anything else I notice! (I might also be going for a longer ride with a few dual sport/sumo buddies this weekend, so if there's any performance increase I'll report back as well)

If anyone has any questions about it feel ask away!

Now back to riding cheers

Back to top Go down
matt_leit

matt_leit

Before and After Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo Insert! Empty
PostSubject: A while into it   Before and After Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo Insert! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Well it's been a while since I put the Hi-Flo insert in and I've also noticed that when downshifting it feels MUCH smoother as compared to downshifting with the stock insert in.

When downshifting now it feels like the engine is breathing much better when I'm off the throttle.

Although it's not a difference of night and day, it's noticeable to me. thumb

Still don't regret it, and still loving the louder BRAAAAPPPPPPPP wink
Back to top Go down

Before and After Graves Exhaust Hi-Flo Insert!
Page 1 of 1