Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hand Guards - What are you using?

Go down 
+15
cryptomundo
rmax
DougZ
X-Racer
AaronWhitt82
little squirt
trav72
yaw
adamoto
RimBenty
Midnite171
greer
Jäger
Hertz
blaisew
19 posters
AuthorMessage
blaisew

Hand Guards - What are you using? Empty
PostSubject: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:43 pm

I have Zeta handguards installed on my WR and am about to help a friend mount guards on his WR. My Zetas were a _itch to get bent into shape, and I even broke my heavy duty vise. Well, it was made in China, so take that with a grain or two of salt. I think it took the better part of an entire day to get them to fit correctly, with no strain at either end. I don't look forward to trying to bend another set. I didn't use any heat on the aluminum, and maybe that would have helped, but I thought handling the hot aluminum over and over again to get the fit right would be difficult. Anyone have a recomendation for an easier install? Oh, I did use the aluminum ears that mount to the top tripple clamp to help stabilize the guards, and like that set up.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 pm

I have Acerbis Rally Pro on my WRR. They've taken a beating. I will buy Acerbis again.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Cycra Pro Bends w/triple clamp attachment   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:59 am

Cycra Pro Bends. Crash tested. Easy-peasy to install. Me likey.

Hand Guards - What are you using? Bike210
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:16 am

I bought a set of used Moose guards from an inmate on Thumpertalk. I've also used Tusk on a previous bike .

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:37 am

I have the Zeta Bent Handguards and they went on with NO PROBLEM. I attached them to Renthal handle bars.
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:49 am

I always have to tweak the handguards to get them to fit the way I want. I don't heat them but use brute strength a vise and an anvil.

The aluminum they are made from is pretty tough. My guess is it would be easier to bend the stock bars to match the handguards. Very happy
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am

I also have the Acerbis Rally Pro. Easy install thumb

Hand Guards - What are you using? 00410
Back to top Go down
yaw

PostSubject: tusk guards   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 pm

installed the tusk guards. Bought them for only $55. Went on fine though the aluminum bend was close to the ends of the clutch and brake handles. The hand shield is very small for deflecting wind off your hand. Not great for the road. Probably fine for dirt. Will probably modify the guards off my old KTM 990 and fit them on the tusk aluminum. Much larger hand shield and very heavy plastic. The Cycra's look like they have larger hand shields.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Another vote for Cycra Pro Bends

Hand Guards - What are you using? 1624d992942e5e5d
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:11 am

Cycra here too w. triple mounts!!

Hand Guards - What are you using? 06c7df41

Hand Guards - What are you using? D8ce5f35

Last edited by little squirt on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 am

I currently have Cycra's (in black) on the way with the triple clamp side mounts !!!!
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 am

AaronWhitt82 wrote:
I currently have Cycra's (in black) on the way with the triple clamp side mounts !!!!

you dirty dog, where did you find black probends??? me jealous now dddog
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:41 am

Acerbis Rally Pro IIs. They are on all the bikes except the SuMo which has the Acerbis SuMo guards.

Hand Guards - What are you using? YanniFront_Left

Pictured: A young "Yanni" pictured without the Corbin seat, Acerbis plastic skidplate, folding mirrors or knobbies.

Last edited by X-Racer on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AaronWhitt82

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 am

little squirt wrote:
AaronWhitt82 wrote:

you dirty dog, where did you find black probends??? me jealous now dddog

The aluminum part is silver, but I got the black plastic handhuards.
I might paint the aluminum part black though.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:32 am

Moose..since that is what the dealer had when I picked up the bike. They have already served me well plenty of times in three rides.
Back to top Go down
rmax

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:31 am

Highway Dirtbike handguards, mirrors, bottom and top clamp with a Pro Taper Windham RM mid fat bar.

The buy-in for handguards is kind of steep but I’m glad I went with this setup.

The mirrors work great and fold away for off-road. Even If I keep the mirrors out off-road they fold in when I get too close to an obstacle (like a tree). The bars provide a clean look; they are strong and reduce vibes.

Hand Guards - What are you using? 2011-04-06091337

Hand Guards - What are you using? 2011-04-06091417

Hand Guards - What are you using? 2011-04-06091503
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:43 am

I have the HDB setup too .. just bought the new shields with blinkers and should have them on in the next week or so. the mirrors have turned out to work pretty well .. I thought I would still use a set of bigger mirrors (mounted on the bars) on the street and the HDB mirrors off road, but the HDB mirrors are working fine for both.

hey rmax, what did you use to tighted up the bottom nuts/bolts? I dont remember how I did mine but it wasnt the easiest of tasks. Its been on my list of things to do to find the right tool for this. I am thinking a thin deep socket (not easy to find) but curious what others have done.

Back to top Go down
rmax

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:45 pm

cryptomundo wrote:

hey rmax, what did you use to tighted up the bottom nuts/bolts? I dont remember how I did mine but it wasnt the easiest of tasks. Its been on my list of things to do to find the right tool for this. I am thinking a thin deep socket (not easy to find) but curious what others have done.

That was a bitch to get at. I used a really long almost needle nosed type (4" nose) of pipe wrench to reach up there and tighten the nut as I held the upper piece carefully as to not scratch it.
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:44 pm

D-Tusks. Their durability/performance was tested multiple times thumb
Back to top Go down
Kalani Prince

Kalani Prince

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 am

Rockin the HDB guards as well.. Love that company! Paul is awesome, he even tapped some 1/4 20 threads in the center clamp so I could thread camera stuffs in ; ) Gone down on them a couple of times.. No worries at all ; )
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 am

https://2img.net/h/i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/shorttrack915/lefthand.jpg
We have Moose,Enduro engineering and Acerbis. I was always told that you could break a bone with them,i just did.
Still a big fan of them. After 40 years on dirt this was the first time part of the bike did damage.Hit a small tree about 3in and punched the guard.Bike controls are fine,bars stright. Getting it out of single track one handed was a little much.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:37 am

HDB on my WR. Easy to put on, just don't tighten anything before all the bolts are well engaged.

Their clamp system is wonderful for small bikes. Heated grips controller and 12V socket just fit right at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand Guards - What are you using?   Hand Guards - What are you using? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand Guards - What are you using?
Page 1 of 1