Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

shock swap

Go down 
+2
f3joel
skierd
6 posters
AuthorMessage

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: shock swap   shock swap EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:39 pm

so who is going to be the first to venture into the uncharted territory of shock swaps on our bike? Since there is nothing aftermarket made for our bikes, it seems like the only option is to revalve or to replace with a similar dimension unit from a different bike?
Back to top Go down
skierd

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:08 pm

Racetech has a shock kit for our bike, and GoRace has made a name for itself with WRR people for doing a superb job according to most all of those who have it with the rear shock as well.

dunno
Back to top Go down

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:29 pm

seems like nobody has thrown the shock on a dyno yet or mapped the linkage out. That is fine but I don't trust a rebuild without some numbers or measurements to back it up. Swapping to a known well made stock shock with a bike that has similar linkage ratios is a much safer bet in my books. Either that or venture into rebuilding the shock on my own.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 pm

shock has been dyno'd
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?105669-WR250X-Suspension-improvements&highlight=suspension+dyno
Back to top Go down
mattf

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:26 pm

I just shipped mine to David at fast bike industries yesterday. (the link in f3joel's post). I'll let you know my impressions when I get it back.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:52 pm

mattf wrote:
I just shipped mine to David at fast bike industries yesterday. (the link in f3joel's post). I'll let you know my impressions when I get it back.
I did this. Tremendous improvement. Dave can work wonders with the WR-X suspension (he has one), plus he's a really great guy to deal with. I'm going to stop by his shop when I'm in the area in May.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 4:37 pm

twowheeled wrote:
so who is going to be the first to venture into the uncharted territory of shock swaps on our bike? Since there is nothing aftermarket made for our bikes, it seems like the only option is to revalve or to replace with a similar dimension unit from a different bike?

Seems like thats gonna be you. Very happy
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Dave did mine,not the same bike anymore. Nice thing is he built in on the Dyno. He will tell you what he did and why,great service,better price thumb
Back to top Go down

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:26 pm

I'd like to send mine to him to work over. Communication with him has gone silent after I asked for dyno graphs though. Don't know why so many suspension places will talk about their dyno but the second you ask for dyno graphs to back it up it doesn't exist.
Back to top Go down
mattf

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:19 pm

probably because they spent their own time doing it and they make money off of it so they don't want to just give away that information for others to use.
Back to top Go down
twowheel

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:41 pm

dyno graphs are not going to tell anyone any kind of secrets. Just like getting a dyno graph for your engine isn't going to magically explain to someone how to tune a FI system. Moreso I think it's the case that a lot of companies just like to quote having a shock dyno, but don't actually use it for revalving all their suspension jobs because it's too time consuming.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:05 am

Dave owns an wr/x,so he had one to tune. thats the biggest reason i sent him my shock.
He can tell you what yours is doing and what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

shock swap Empty
PostSubject: Re: shock swap   shock swap Empty

Back to top Go down

shock swap
Page 1 of 1