Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 am

I have the AIS removal kit, which will get installed probably before the next ride. I do not want to have to worry about having issues with the cat converter. BUT, I am also not ready for spring for the whole exhaust system and fuel programmer.

So, my question is, is there an aftermarket can/pipe I can put on, eliminating the stock exhaust can/pipe, and do away with the cat converter, AND, not have to worry about doing a fuel programmer right away??

I know I would get more gains if I did do it, but for now, at least there will be weight savings.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:20 am

Yamaha has the GYTR pipe which is a swap in pipe, where you don't need the programmer. I know others have run their bikes with a Leo on, but I personally wouldn't want to run it without a programmer. Bike's lean as it is stock.

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Wow..that pipe is way too pricey.

Do all of the aftermarket pipes for the WRR remove that Cat??
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Removing the stock muffler removes the cat because it's inside the stock muffler canister.

I ran my 2008 WR-250R with an FMF Powerbomb header and Q4 muffler without a fuel programmer.
The bike ran and I could ride it without it blowing up, melting-down, or causing any other reliability problems.
It got me home just fine.

The catch is that it had shit throttle response compared to how it was with a programmer.
In fact, I'd rather buy a programmer first and use it with the stock exhaust and buy the aftermarket exhaust later when you get the money, not the other way around (and I wouldn't worry about the cat in the stock muffler) :)
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:49 pm

I guess for now I'll just leave the stock exhaust on and when/if the cat stats clogging up, it will be time to do the pipe and programmer.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Well, I removed the AIS stuff yesterday, as well as did the flapper mod thing. For now, its gonna run the way it is. If/when the exhaust clogs, then I'll get a new one. Very happy

BTW......sounds and feels a little better. Could be just in my head though too. wink
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:52 am

You might notice some popping on decel, but that's normal with that stuff removed, until you get the programmer in.

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Rode for about five hours today, seemed fine. Did not hear any popping on decel. Very happy
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:04 am

I have a FMF powercore 4 with no programmer. The bike runs great as is. I set the factory CPU setting to 7 and it's never pinged or done anything weird on me dunno
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 pm

zone47 wrote:
I have a FMF powercore 4 with no programmer. The bike runs great as is. I set the factory CPU setting to 7 and it's never pinged or done anything weird on me dunno

How do you change the CPU settings, and how many kms have you put on it since you have done this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??   Aftermarket pipe, no programmer?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket pipe, no programmer??
Page 1 of 1