Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide

Go down 
+11
craigq
motokid
deep blue
Berwyn Henderson
WRXer
simonpig
Chief_Lee_Visceral
SheWolf
ramz
toast
little squirt
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
little squirt

little squirt

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Empty
PostSubject: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Can I ask anyone here who is running Stainless brake lines to post a pic of them and note which brand your using. I think it would be nice for one thread to have all options and reference pics like the skid plate thread.

Aloha for your participation thumb
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 am

HEL. Fantastic guys to work with, they will customize anything for you including line color, fitting anodizing, fitting angle, taking out length if your bike is lowered.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 am

HEL +10

Front end lowered, stock brake hose:
Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide WRR161

Front end lowered, HEL - custom length:
Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide WRR171
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Hey guys, what supplier deals with HEL in your area? TR or Parts Unlimited?

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Ride Engineering. (think just like stock except steel braid):

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Iphone13

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Iphone14

Sorry for bad photos. I read your post while I was at lunch.
Back to top Go down
simonpig

simonpig

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Got mine off of their ebay store. Fantastic kit.

SheWolf wrote:
Hey guys, what supplier deals with HEL in your area? TR or Parts Unlimited?
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:04 pm

I have a Goodridge. . I think it is too long & looking at the Ride Engineering looks way too long too. The custom HEL looks like a more proper length. The master cylinder should be the highest point, not an arch of brakeline. The last Ride Engineering line I had was a Galfer line in a Ride Engineering bag (not that that is bad).
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:05 pm

WRXer wrote:
I have a Goodridge. . I think it is too long & looking at the Ride Engineering looks way too long too. The custom HEL looks like a more proper length. The master cylinder should be the highest point, not an arch of brakeline. The last Ride Engineering line I had was a Galfer line in a Ride Engineering bag (not that that is bad).

Not that I look at my stock pictures and think about it I agee it is too long. I just put in on and went riding. I was concerned about it being too short with the riser for the damper etc but did not really think about too long. I think the stock routing is the best for surviving in the bush.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 pm

I have stainless (2) lines on the front brake. I no longer have that brake line flopping in front of me. One runs behind the headlite fairing down to a 90 degree coupler anchored to the lower triple tree. The second line starts there and runs to the caliper, being long enough to allow the forks to fully extend. With the forks compressed a loop developes between the coupler and and the orignal brake line forkshield anchor point. Seems to work quite well. Has been there for at least 5k miles, solves several problems for me. My two cents worth today Rolling Eyes :usa:Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm

By the way Chief Lee, It looks like your rear tire is running real close to your swingarm from your pic, maybe just the angle of pic. I ruined a trials universal runing it to close.Thought you might want to check it! Berwyn usa
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 am

Yeah I am about to regear and the new chain will be longer.

My new Husaberg came with steel lines stock.
Back to top Go down
deep blue

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Berwyn, that sounds like a cool alternative to the long brake line with the stiffener. Is there a huge loop of line when the forks compress? Can you post some pics? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Berwyn can you post up pics of your setup?

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:36 am

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
I have stainless (2) lines on the front brake. I no longer have that brake line flopping in front of me. One runs behind the headlite fairing down to a 90 degree coupler anchored to the lower triple tree. The second line starts there and runs to the caliper, being long enough to allow the forks to fully extend. With the forks compressed a loop developes between the coupler and and the orignal brake line forkshield anchor point. Seems to work quite well. Has been there for at least 5k miles, solves several problems for me. My two cents worth today Rolling Eyes :usa:Berwyn

worthless

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:24 am

Have not been able to post pictures on this site myself. Will get a friend over next week to help me. mean while will be at a British Rallye in New Ulm, Tx. the rest of this week. Later, Berwyn usa thumb dutch
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 am

It looks like people (SheWolf and Chief_Lee_Visceral are some examples) are installing the stainless brake lines without the twist at the master cylinder (seems like people are just doing a straight-shot). Any reason why ?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:20 am

Makes for easier bleeding. Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide 61865 That kink is a bad place for air bubbles to get trapped when you're bleeding the system. Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide 724854

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Could someone post up a pic of the WR250X HEL line installed on their bike? Preferably near the top plastic hoop/guide that bolts on near the front number plate.
I've got it installed on my WR250R with X wheels/fork guard/master cylinder and something seems a little "off"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm wondering if you could order your own an piece it together (i.e. line and fittings). So i guess my question is, What lengths are the Front & Rear lines? Banjo Size & Angle (if any)?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:29 pm

This is on my R, but it's the same setup.
Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Cimg0010

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:01 pm

I have a Galfer in front and a Goodrich off my R6 in the rear. Can't complain about either.
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:56 pm

ramz wrote:
HEL +10

Front end lowered, stock brake hose:
Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide WRR161

Front end lowered, HEL - custom length:
Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide WRR171

Hey what handguards are those? They look like they mount into the stock signal mounting spot...
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:08 am

Quote :
Hey what handguards are those?
Handlebars, guards, mirror <-- linky
Scroll down one panel. Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide 61865
Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Anyone got a HEL rear brake line fitted?
Im having fitment issues and partly questions if they are made after the correct specifications.
If anyone got one, please post a picture.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 5:05 pm

k1322 wrote:
Anyone got a HEL rear brake line fitted?
Im having fitment issues and partly questions if they are made after the correct specifications.
If anyone got one, please post a picture.

I also had some issues fitting my rear line (the front was perfect). I think they are using the wrong connector fitting for the master cylinder and caliper. It also doesn't help that the black protector is very stiff. I managed to make it fit by using a zip tie to hold it in place with the support brace. Also had to file down the plastic caliper protector ever so slightly. On the master cylinder side the brake line is very close to the exhaust, so I used some of the rubber hosing from the original line, wrapped it around the SS line and used some electrical tape to hold it all down. Seems all good now. Have done 10k km this way and it doesn't get very warm at all, so maybe the rubber hose actually isn't needed, but it looked very close when installing it so I put it there for peace of mind. The distributor here in Germany was super kind, gave me custom length at the front and sealed the protector hose etc. For the rear I just told him to send me the equal to stock so maybe he looked up the wrong bike or something. I could've sent it back and gotten a new one I'm sure, but couldn't be bothered and works fine like this with a little work. I tried to take some pictures but the light is horrible in my garage:

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Imag0010

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Imag0011

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Imag0012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide   Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Stainless Brake Lines Pic/Brand Guide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next