Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dicklane625

dicklane625

Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. Empty
PostSubject: Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.   Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 10:00 pm

I was goin to try to mess with my brake pedal again and noticed that the return spring is pullin it higher than I want. Instead of trying the old stretcherr out routine, I found and ordered a hammerhead pro rear brake return kit. This is the fasst version, https://youtu.be/CBTiC6HvKaE . Not much about these, but it looks like a better system to me. Any one have any experience with one of these?
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.   Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 pm

You know that brake pedal height is easily adjustable on these bikes, right?
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.   Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Yea homie I did already... Like I said I was going to try to adjust it again, and noticed the spring pulling it up higher than I wanted... I could probably throw a longer spring in or stretch the stock one a little. This will probably do the same thing to some degree, but I'm hoping it will give me a little more drop.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.   Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:03 am

I installed this last Monday if I remember right. After a week of testing n several hours of wheelies alone.... I'd mark it down as a win. Most of the height difference is in the play on the pedal. The stock spring hooks to it and pulls it up to the top of the play. The aftermarket one pushes down on the push rod with no tension on the pedal itself, so it settles out a bit. I hope that doesn't mean I have excessive wear, I don't see any signs of that, or think it's possible that it wasn't like that brand new... I didn't measure it but I'd guess another 1/4" at the tip of the pedal. It makes enough of a difference that I can wheelie and cover it more comfortably... I think I got my license plate to kiss pavement. I'll admit I was half off the bike with a load in my pants when the front tire hit the ground. It sounded like a scrape and there were two new lil notches on the plate... It will bounce up a little and stay. The controllable tension is nice too. I have it cranked down or up pretty good, lots of tension compared to the stock spring. It helps for feathering it out, but it isn't too much that it keeps you from getting the front tire back on the ground in an emergency.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.   Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Pic of the kit.. ss spring would be nicer. I might try to find one at some point...

Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. IMG_0173_zpsjfulpprj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.   Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lower rear brake pedal... Hammerhead pro brake return.
Page 1 of 1