Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R changes through the years info, where?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha

WR250R changes through the years info, where? Empty
PostSubject: WR250R changes through the years info, where?   WR250R changes through the years info, where? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 am

New member and I feel it in my bones just like I've felt it with my GS, VFR and others. A WR250R will be in the stable as soon as I can figure out what year to buy and successfully track one down. So, where can I get information on the changes on the WR through the years. Also, weaknesses of particular year models. I want to make sure I am comfortable with what I get 'cause I'm fairly certain I'll be keeping it for some time. I tried a search here but it looks like my search skills suck. Thanks in advance...

WB
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WR250R changes through the years info, where?   WR250R changes through the years info, where? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:04 am

Your choices mostly center around deciding what version of plastics and decals you like the best - and whether you like the look of your front forks plain or anodized. Somebody here will jump in any moment with a link to one of our members who has taken the time to track down the miniscule changes between years. Browse it at your leisure - it's a short list.

The biggest thing, probably, is that the Feb/March versions of the first year '08 model had a blip of fuel pump failures. We probably saw about 16 reports in all between this site, ADV, TT, etc. Most of us with bikes in that range have not had a problem, but it certainly is an elevated possibility with those two months. Most who pushed the issue got their pumps replaced by Yamaha; some got them replaced before they had an issue.

Other than that... oh, there was a rubber sound dampening ring on the stock '08 sprockies that disappeared the next year.

We don't believe in change here at WR250R land...
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: WR250R changes through the years info, where?   WR250R changes through the years info, where? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:15 am

Part number changes are noted here : http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rmods.htm
Back to top Go down
WeazyBuddha

WeazyBuddha

PostSubject: Re: WR250R changes through the years info, where?   WR250R changes through the years info, where? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks guys. I'm going to go in search of an 09. I'm so certain I'm getting one I'm halfway tempted to start buying farkles before I even find the bike. Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R changes through the years info, where?   WR250R changes through the years info, where? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:33 am

I did! I bought the barkbusters before I had the bike. Very happy

PostSubject: Re: WR250R changes through the years info, where?   WR250R changes through the years info, where? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R changes through the years info, where?
Page 1 of 1