Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150

Go down 
+20
Dualsport Alchemist
TwoBuells
mcdoudlehopper
mr_mcbride
ezrdr55
Fiftygrit
rvsixer
DPete
Skithis
danwray
hyperboarder
sswrx
Dogen
NAL250R
Cutthroat Bill
DougZ
SheWolf
motokid
mrgeoff
bren5279
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:11 am

Checkout the GMax GM11.  I do not have this helmet but I do have 2 other GMax helmets and like them better than my much more expensive Shoei helmets.  I'm thinking of getting the Blue Snow model for the colder temps as the fogging I get on my Shoei Hornet is the worst.  Anyone have this helmet?
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 am

ezrdr55 wrote:
Checkout the GMax GM11.  I do not have this helmet but I do have 2 other GMax helmets and like them better than my much more expensive Shoei helmets.  I'm thinking of getting the Blue Snow model for the colder temps as the fogging I get on my Shoei Hornet is the worst.  Anyone have this helmet?

This is an old thread, but I have a gm11 and really like it alot. The shield is completely out of view when raised. I wear bifocals under my googles, which means that my googles are large framed ( Oakley L-Frame ). You can wear googles with the shield up or down. The cheek pads have pockets for speakers. I didn't have any issues getting a Sena smh10 mounted. There are dual-pane ( thermal ) shields available. There is also a winter kit available that includes a larger chin curtain.

The gm11 has a fair amount of vents as well.

The only negative thing I can say, if this is really a negative thing, is that the tinted shield is dark. It works great on the street, but is too dark for riding in the woods.

If anyone has any questions about the gm-11 I'll try to answer them.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:36 pm

I use the GM-11 as well. Don't have any experience with others mentioned but love the G-max version. I wear glasses and absolutely hate goggles. Anyone with this issue should buy one for sure. The helmet has plenty of ventilation and speaker pockets. Mine has the clear shield but wish I had the drop down shades for sure. No complaints at all.
Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 21997610
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 9:35 pm

I have the above G-Max, I like the speaker pockets. My favorite is/was my 10 year old Arai XD but its getting worn out.

I do like the new Bell Adventure helmet
http://www.bellhelmets.com/powersports/helmets/dirt/mx-9-adventure

Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 MX-9-Adventure-Barricade-Hi-Viz
Back to top Go down
Dualsport Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:03 pm

http://dualsportalchemy.com/2013/10/product-review-ls2/

This link now leads to nowhere. The review was based on how the helmet WAS, not on what the model has become due to poor quality control practices and inconsistent manufacturing - so it was removed. Always sad to see a company with so much potential crash and burn. Hope they all had helmets on, albeit another brand.
Back to top Go down
Fly man

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 2:29 pm

I am very happy with my Bell 9 Adventure.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: paid over 150.00 .. with regrets...   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:09 am

i have a 4 yr old shoei hornet .. i find it noisey and would not buy another one. I picked it over the $150.00 fly trekker at the time because of the higher snell safety rating on the shoei.
I find it odd that next to safety... helmets are not required to be noise /DB rated... some really suck.

Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:37 am

I have molded ear plugs, they work great, I hate wind noise, I hate any loud noise, I almost want to shoot these guys that go by my house with the base thumping in there cars hahaha
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
I almost want to shoot these guys that go by my house with the base thumping in there cars hahaha

You would be doing a great a service to society if you did.
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 pm

fwiw, the Fly Trekor got redesigned a bit at some point (I've owned three of the gen 1(?). Was happy enough with them to get fresh ones. I got a new one this year and they're not quite the same. Perhaps a bit quieter. The face shield is different, won't interchange. Plus the ratchet system for the shield is too fragile. Both sides have cracked so the shield won't stay open dddog
I'll be looking at the others mentioned in this thread.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm

I ended up getting an FX-41 a couple years back to replace my Trekker and really like it. The sun visor is a great plus & airflow is good. About the same amount of wind noise and built very well with removable foam so you can clean it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150   Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best looking Dual Sport Helmets under $150
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2