Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

a more comfortable seat?

Go down 
+7
Sproat Sport
SheWolf
adamoto
trav72
09wrx
motokid
NorgeWR2X
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NorgeWR2X

a more comfortable seat? Empty
PostSubject: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:37 pm

man the stock seat is bad. after 20 mins riding my butt is a bit sore. anyone using an aftermarket seat?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:42 pm

poser2

I think we've all complained about the stock seat at some point.

There's many threads here on aftermarket seats. Use the search function or just look around.

The other thing is simple.

Just ride the bike a lot. The seat breaks in after a while, or you get used to it. One or the other.

The seat is flat enough to move around on it a bit.

I'm now pretty comfortable riding for a few hours without much issues.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
09wrx

09wrx

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:00 pm

I am using a Corbin seat that is pretty comfortable.Also lowers the seat height.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:03 pm

search results for "seat" = click me

Corbin makes nice stuff - expensive stuff -but nice stuff.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:14 pm

seat concepts
a more comfortable seat? Rack_f10
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Trav, you should be able to write quite a review for that seat around the middle of June. bow bow

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah no kidding.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:56 pm

+1 on the Seat Concepts thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Seat Concepts was one of the best mods ever. It's like butter on the ass. Very happy Wished they'd have come out with this seat sooner. deal

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:16 am

Maybe I haven't put enough kms in the saddle on this bike to properly know yet, but I find the stock seat on my WR to be pretty comfy. I rode a buddy's TE 510 the other day...now there's a 2x4 of a seat. Getting back on the WR after that was like sitting on the couch.

Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:34 am

SheWolf wrote:
It's like butter on the ass. Very happy deal

Ummmm........Bet that pound of butter in the fridge looks funny now huh!

I just bought a Beta 3 270 and I bet the seat on that is just as comfy as the WR seat Very happy
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:47 am

my seat concepts seat for anything over 20min....

a more comfortable seat? DSC00661-1

my step seat is great for anything under 20min....

a more comfortable seat? DSC01425-1
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:10 am

little squirt wrote:

hi how do u pull the wr up that stand? do u need to be able to bench 300 lbs to do it? oh and what tires are those? fit stock rims? thnx
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:17 am

NorgeWR2X wrote:
little squirt wrote:

hi how do u pull the wr up that stand? do u need to be able to bench 300 lbs to do it? oh and what tires are those? fit stock rims? thnx

poser2 i hate that f-in stand......im only about 5'6" and it takes some serious heave hoe to do that....i need one with a step on-it pedal that just lifts the bike....tires are distanzias on stock wheels, they rock!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:12 am

0007onWR wrote:

I just bought a Beta 3 270 and I bet the seat on that is just as comfy as the WR seat Very happy

You got a trials bike?!! PICS, dammit! wink

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:39 am

I can't handle a seam right where my inside thigh meets the seat, always seems to bite after a while.

Couldn't be happier with my Corbin seat. Took it to the factory in Hollister for a custom fit...

a more comfortable seat? 0465copy

a more comfortable seat? 0470copy

So grippy, so soft, so comfy, so perfect, so expensive!

Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:40 am

But see how the seam drops down on the side? Makes all the difference in the world to me. Maybe I just have fat inner thighs? Or maybe not enough fat on my inner thighs? :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:47 am

I don't notice the seam on the SC one when I ride. dunno Nice muddy bike to work on Gus...I love it. Very happy

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:53 am

It's probably a personal thing, for me the seam is always wehre I rub myself raw. But it depends, i'm sure, on leg length, riding position and, um, padding. :)

I've had several other people tell me that as well. Corbin told me specifically they design thier seats with no seams touching the rider.
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:48 pm

so is a corbin better than the SC? corbin is much more expensive. hmmmm... dilemma
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Go with the seatconcepts.com seat. Much more bang for the buck.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:03 pm

I don't know if it's "better" - I've just had a lot of them (Honda Pacific Coast, Kawasaki ZX-11, Suzuki LC1200, Yamaha XT225, and the current WR) and each one has been just so solid. They make their own seatpans, and somehow the heavy fiberglass they use cuts down on vibration noticably as well.

But I highly recommend visiting the factory for a custom fit (and one of the best off road areas in California is right next door, Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area. As you can see from my pictures, I went there, yes I did.

One downside of the Corbin is that if you have the 3.1 IMS tank it is a really tough fit (unless you let them do it at the factory).
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah, taking it right to them would be prime...too bad we all don't live as close to them as you do. dunno

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Not too close, I'm south of Los Angeles in Newport Beach, they're all the way up in Hollister south of San Francisco. The riding area makes it worth the 5 hour drive for me a few times a year...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:59 pm

For me it would be a 2 day trip....maybe... lurk

PostSubject: Re: a more comfortable seat?   a more comfortable seat? Empty

Back to top Go down

a more comfortable seat?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next