Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Racer

X-Racer

2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:21 am

Here we go....

Let's hear your hero and loser prognostications.

Anyone going to any of the races ?

Ricky lofting over a ~ 50 MPH 120' double @ Steel City in 2002

2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships 8445_2002_-_carmichael_steel_city__600
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:47 am

I may cruise over to Hi Point again, not sure yet. I bet it will be as wide open as the SX season just was. These guys like to win one week, crash out the next.

RV is my pick. I bet RD wants to make up for his so-so SX series.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Looks like NBC, Speed and Allied Sports get the call for broadcasts again.

You can actually watch them on the computer on Allied.

Here is a recent video from Pala here in SoCal with Dungey, Metcalfe, Tickle, Hanson, Blose and others.

http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/05/11/racer-x-films-pala-pro-practice
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Can't wait for the moto-x season to start! I wonder if it will be as exciting as the Supercross season was.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:52 pm

HANGTOWN ! ! ...and the DIRT DIGGERS did a remarkable job ! Again !

It got quiet in here fast ! Must be a bunch of Reed haters ! * laugh *

Who saw what happened in either moto coming ? Like WOW ! Windham holeshot ! Whooohoooo...

...and what about the Alessi get-off in practice ? Was that a reflection of two years ago's crash or what ?

I would have expected A. Short and Jake Weimer to do better.

The other surprise was Ricky Dietrich not only racing, but racing into 9th ! Not really that amazing but really shows his versatility as a rider. Again...

Finals, Top ten:

1 22 Chad Reed New Castle, Australia Honda CRF450R 2 1 47 TwoTwo Motorsports
2 1 Ryan Dungey Belle Plaine, MN, US Suzuki RMZ 450 1 2 47 Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki/Yoshimura/Dunlop/Motorex
3 2 Ryan Villopoto Seattle, WA, US Kawasaki KX450F 3 3 40 Monster Energy/Oakley/Thor/Falken/Volcom
4 14 Kevin Windham Centerville, MS, US Honda CRF450R 6 4 33 AmericanHondaRacing
5 24 Brett Metcalfe Mannum, Australia Suzuki RMZ 450 5 5 32 -None Listed-
6 18 David Millsaps Murrieta, CA, US Yamaha YZ 450F 4 7 32 Muscle Milk/Toyota
7 12 Tommy Hahn Decatur, TX, US Yamaha YZ 450F 8 8 26 Motoconcepts/FMF/Yamaha
8 377 Christophe Pourcel Marsielle, France Yamaha YZ 450F 7 11 24 Motoconcepts/FMF/Yamaha
9 539 Ricky Dietrich Menifee, CA, US Yamaha YZ 450F 11 9 22 Answer/Spy/Sidi/Shoei/Ryno Power
10 144 Christian Craig HEMET, CA, US Honda CRF450R 14 10 18 Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/Honda/Red Bull/PPG

250s....

Watch Blake Baggett ride. He rides effortlessly straight through even at the end of the race he is "posted" on the bike, rarely gets out of shape and therefore never spends necessary energy to recover. Really amazing...

I hate to see such a one-sided team effort rule the series, but it's going to be difficult to beat the Pro Circuit Kawis.

I'd like to see the Honda boys, Tomac and "Bam Bam" Barcia give them a run for their money.

I'd also like to see Kyle Cunningham bring that YZ up to the front.

It's weird seeing Sipes and Tickle on Kawis.

The gate is up and ready to fall ! I'm taking my seat ! FREESTONE ! ! First motos live on Fuel TV
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:40 am

Ummm, why isn't Stewart racing???
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyMon May 30, 2011 12:37 pm

He didn't sign a contract for outdoors. ...but he has one for "Bubba's World". You can watch him bench race there, but not on a track. poser2

Dungey: Big bike breaking bummer.. Twenty points back is goig to be tough to make-up. Reed was the benefactor of that one. Not sure what happened to RV. He was way off the pace (even in third). Dietrich was very impressive.

Anyone catch that first 250 moto boo-foo Barcia pulled and Mousqin too it in the face ? Talk about a knock out punch with the back wheel ! He rode right into it ! Dang....

Baggett was WAY back but Cunningham was cranking !
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:02 pm

i MIGHT be able to go to southwick this weekend, not sure .. i dont have cable right now so i have not been able to watch the races .. sucks
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:26 am

THAT would be a REALLY cool trip ! I've been so busy lately I've been unable to keep up with this topic.

Regardless, it's been a very remarkable season and the best is probably yet to come.

I'm just a ways from Pala and would like to go. I'm somewhat discouraged by the traffic and yahoos ( Sorry to say there are plenty here in SoCal - They're not locals, everyone here < in CA> is from somewhere else mind you). It's not like Carlsbad in the 80s.

Having said all that, there is NOTHING like seeing a national event live and watching these guys fly way over your head off a big jump.

I can't guess a champion this year. Anything can happen. RV has a lot of momentum and confidence.

Barcia could come into play if he rides anything like he did two weeks ago.

If he (Barcia) gets out front and both RV or RD have to play catch-up in one, or more motos, then the CR points deficit could be diminished and he (Reed) could be the benefactor of the outcome.

Stay tuned... It's going to be a good show !

Edit: Crypto: Look at allisports.com. I think you can replay the motos you missed.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:45 am

In the 250s...

I'm somewhat disappointed, but not surprised by the Pro Circuit team dominance.

80% of winning is in your head and if you are in the PC camp, you're going to win.

Blake Baggett (sans Justin Barcia) is my favorite rider. Anyone who can rip that hard that consistently that late in a race has my vote.

I had hoped Barcia and Tomac and the Yamaha boys (Swanepoel and Cunningham) would have poked in a few more podiums.

The most impressive ride was a rookie kid by the name of Justin Bogle. If you don't know who he is now, just wait, the name will become very familiar real soon. If I were to predict, he's is the next GOAT.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:30 pm

I agree about it being a lot about confidence. RV2 loves the 2012 Kawie so I think he is looking real strong. I go to Washougal every year so he is our local hero.

Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:58 pm

it looks like i will be going to southwick this weekend thumb

it was pretty amazing yesterday, i took the day off and decided to go ride for the afternoon in my regular riding spot - i heard some of the pros have been practicing there, a great practice spot for sand which if it does not rain, will be exactly like southwick. not many people know about the place which is good (cops pretty much leave us alone unless a big group shows up and people start riding on the street and so on). i saw a russian guy out there last saturday, and heard several other pros were out there the day before, dungey, barcia .. so im driving up and see a van parked and figured it was some local but then got a better look and realized it was metcalfe. pretty cool stuff, .. got to hang out and talk some and watch him practice, i stayed out of his way, talking to the guy timing him and then rode during his breaks. they gave me a time about riding at this place, said if they were going out to have a fun day of riding, they would not go there, so thats confirmation this place is where i should be learning to ride .. its a lot of work, and fun or else i would not be there every weekend. i took a short video with my phone of him riding but still trying to figure out how to post it up
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:23 pm

here are a couple of vids .. i wish i had some video of other sections of the track but no safe place to stand and take video

https://www.youtube.com/v/29cJRoB7T04

https://www.youtube.com/v/5Yqh9AabXLk

Last edited by cryptomundo on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Wow ! Way cool ! Looks like it could use a hose out there !

...but dry and loose is probably exactly what he was looking for.

I could only guess he was scoping out tire and suspension settings. ...not that they don't have tons of data from previous races.

I'm thinking of going to Pala two weeks after. Then again, I may save money and time, stay home and watch it on TV.

Unlike other places here, summer sucks.. I just want it to cool down so I can go ride ! ! dddog
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:32 pm

yeah no kidding, a hose would be great .. a couple of sundays ago it was raining off and on for most of the day (more like a sprinkle) and it was perfect

i forgot to mention, that was his last moto and he was riding with no back brakes .. the cap came off his cylinder and the fluid was replaced by sand
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:20 pm

well i ended up having to stay in town last saturday for work (because of the storm), my friends had a good time, wet, but amazing racing

what a moto 2, dungey is the man .. what concentration those guys had to have .. barcia crazy kid and metcalfe very consistent .. tuff day all around
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships   2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championships
Page 1 of 1