Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? Empty
PostSubject: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:45 pm

if so plz let me kno how well the auto tune works ive been hearing some ppl say it sucks so bad that they turn there auto tune off bc it keeps trying to adjust and messing up good maps. also if you get the lcd display with all of this are you able to adjust anything while your riding or do you still have to stop and plug it into your comp to adjust anything. also if you have the lcd display are you able to save 2 maps to it like 1 for all out peformance and 1 for good mpg? id like to kno about these products ive read alot on this forum but ive got none of these specific answers plz fill me in.

im sure motokid will insert a (clicky) below showing me where all this info is lmao poser2

hes full of knowing where to find info on here he must be a librarian lol!

so if you post where to find it motokid thanks in advance you help me out alot thumb
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:51 pm

the auto-tune messes up i guess when your decelerating.

i read i dont remember where, i think advrider, that alot of ppl are putting vacuum switches on their autotunes, to turn them off when they slow down.

the other stuff, i dont know, i know dyno jet makes a switch that plugs into the pc V that allows you to select maps.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: hmm    ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:46 pm

:hmmm: im still not understanding exactly what the problems are i thought the whole point of an autotune is so your bike would run perfect bc its got a wideband afr monitoring it and not trying to screw it up ,but everyone says it is i wonder if theyll update it and fix it :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:17 pm

I have the PC5 & autotune. It doesn't do anything unless you accept the changes it suggests through the software when you have it hooked up to your laptop. It makes absolutely no changes to the map unless you physically accept them.

I'm in the process of installing the Athena 290 kit and I'm anxious to see what the PC5 & autotune will do with that!
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

PostSubject: Re: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:40 pm

here is something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3ktHNnIElg
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:39 am

Quote :
I have the PC5 & autotune. It doesn't do anything unless you accept
the changes it suggests through the software when you have it hooked up
to your laptop. It makes absolutely no changes to the map unless you
physically accept them.
You are correct, it does not change the map (fuel tables). But, if autotune is ON, it records any changes in the trim tables AND applies the trim plus fuel table to the Yamaha calculated pulse value to get a corrected pulse and that is applied to the injector. In other words, it applies corrections on the fly, but does not change the fuel table until you accept the trim values using your computer.

Unless you have the switch wired up. Then it does something different.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:41 am

ramz wrote:
Quote :
I have the PC5 & autotune. It doesn't do anything unless you accept
the changes it suggests through the software when you have it hooked up
to your laptop. It makes absolutely no changes to the map unless you
physically accept them.
You are correct, it does not change the map (fuel tables). But, if autotune is ON, it records any changes in the trim tables AND applies the trim plus fuel table to the Yamaha calculated pulse value to get a corrected pulse and that is applied to the injector. In other words, it applies corrections on the fly, but does not change the fuel table until you accept the trim values using your computer.

Unless you have the switch wired up. Then it does something different.
Of course I'm correct! Very happy

The switch enables you to switch between maps.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: hmmm   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:59 pm

do you guys actually feel auto tune has helped your bike or is it kinda a waist of money and do eigther of you guys use the lcd display?
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:05 am

The display is kind of useless if you ask me - especially with autotune. The benefits of having it with an older pc3 was that you could have maps loaded on an sd card and we used to switch them on the fly on our race bikes. It's a cool gadget to have but not really necessary imo.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?   ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY? Empty

Back to top Go down

ANYBODY running PCM V + AUTOTUNE + LCD DISPLAY?
Page 1 of 1