Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumby B

WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? Empty
PostSubject: WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?   WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Hi -Am a new owner of a second hand WRR and have been searching this forum on how to change my KPH to MPH on the digital display. Going about it as per the user manual doesn't achieve anything - I have been able to get into DIAG mode but thats where I get lost . Does anyone know what the code is to change KPH to MPH or how it is done ?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?   WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Depress and hold down the "Select 2" button that otherwise switches between odometers. I think it's in the manual around section 3 or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?   WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Ahhh... here we go; page 3-4:
"For the U.K. only: To switch the
speedometer and odometer/tripmeter
displays between kilometers
and miles, press the “SELECT 2”
button until the display changes after
the main switch is turned to
“ON”.

I guess Yamaha doesn't realize it isn't just the UK that uses kilometers.

Good idea reading the basic owner manual once in a while. I'm sitting here thinking I should try running my display in measurement mode, since it apparently has "a distance-compensation tripmeter (which shows the accumulated distance traveled since set to zero and which can be calibrated to provide
a more accurate tripmeter reading)".

Is that a built in speedo healer none of us have bothered to play with? Will speeds still be accurate from the speedo healer settings we've installed.

If it hadn't been raining so hard the last week that I've been thinking of building an ark, I'd go out and run up and down the slab to check it out.

Thanks for getting my nose back in the basic owner manual.
Back to top Go down
Bumby B

PostSubject: Have tried depressing select 2 but nothing happens   WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Thanks for the advice but I have tried to change KPH-MPH by dfollowing the instruction manual but to no avail. Also note that the MPH signal doesn't show on initial ignition / circuit cross check - Am thinking that perhaps the dial is faulty.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?   WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:52 am

Be sure the display is on kph before trying to changing it to mph thumb
Back to top Go down
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?   WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 6:43 am

You'd think they'd just make one display that goes both ways, but I get the feeling that WRs sold in KM territories like Australia and EU (don't know about Canada) cannot switch to MPH and back. Hence the OPs (and my) problems.
WRs sold in MPH places (USA, UK) can switch to KPH.
The Aussie/EU? manual (#32D-28199-E0) I just downloaded makes no mention of KPH to MPH using SELECT 2, except on page 3-4 where 'UK only' can do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?   WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R KPH-MPH display change -How is this done?
Page 1 of 1