Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

michelin S12's

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
snakeears

michelin S12's Empty
PostSubject: michelin S12's   michelin S12's EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:51 pm

Spent a day in the wet slimey clay round Melbourne in Oz, first ride on Michelin S12's gotta say they are awesome, I had grip on hills I couldn't walk up, the Trailwings would have been useless. A mate on the same ride had Dunlop 605's , struggled all day

michelin S12's Photo3-2
michelin S12's Photo-2
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

michelin S12's Empty
PostSubject: Re: michelin S12's   michelin S12's EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 pm

S12's are awesome in soft terrain but they wear extremely fast. I run them on my race bike and wouldnt consider anything else for the hills around here.

If the front wears out quickly consider the Pirelli Scorpion Pro. It has the EXACT same tread pattern as a S12 front. They have a different compound and last longer.
Back to top Go down
snakeears

michelin S12's Empty
PostSubject: Re: michelin S12's   michelin S12's EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Nice one, I might try that, I am assuming that when the summer comes and the clay dries into concrete the S12's will be a bit sketchy and shred?
Back to top Go down
Rider_WV

michelin S12's Empty
PostSubject: Re: michelin S12's   michelin S12's EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:38 am

yes they wont last long on hard pack clay once it dries out, especially the rear, you can actually rip off the center knobs. The M12 does well when it dries up if you mainly ride offroad. I love Michelin tires. I also like Pirellis. Im not sure if DOT matters down under but a lot of the Pirelli knobbies are DOT tires. I have a XCMS that is DOT stamped and its even more aggressive than a s12. I am pretty sure the XCMH are DOT as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

michelin S12's Empty
PostSubject: Re: michelin S12's   michelin S12's Empty

Back to top Go down

michelin S12's
Page 1 of 1