Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011   Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:33 pm

This past weekend, I ran the Durty Dabbers Dual Sport ride, based in Lock Haven, PA. This was my second year there, and will NOT be my last! For those not familiar with it, the club puts together an awesome ride, two days of around 100 miles each, a mix of some pavement, a lot of forestry roads, some singletrack, and some singletrack "hero" alternates.

Of note to me, last year I saw only two other WR²s out of around 500 bikes. This year, there were a few dozen out of 600 thumb. We were still a few flecks of blue in a sea of orange, but it's nice to not be the only guy on a WR anymore. Heck, I even had another WR in my riding group, and it was his first time out in the dirt with it.

We had a pretty mixed group: Myself, back into dirt four a couple years now, the fast guy with an Aprilia RXV550 (I can mostly keep up with him now, except the wide open dirt highways where that thing goes ballistic bow ), an ex-enduro rider who's just getting back into it with a KLR 650, another WR rider who just got into "real" dirt riding, and another dirt regular on a 530EXC. The particular bikes were just a means to an end - good times were had by all! cheers Enough yapping, on to the pictures.

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 DSCN0965-1
^Group at one of the overlooks Saturday

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 DSCN0999
^The view from Hyner View State Park - the lunch stop is at the base of the mountain.

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 DSCN0992
^Some of the bikes at the lunch stop Sunday

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 DSCN0975
^Saturday snack stop - it POURED for a while, then things got COLD and soupy for a while - still fun!

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 DSCN0978

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 DSCN0977

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 DSCN0980
^along the trail after a soupy mud section following the rain

Can't wait for next year! wings
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011   Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Bummed I missed it as I had this ride on my calendar at the beginning of the year. But I ended up taking a little road trip to deals gap. Hopefully next year I'll make it.
Back to top Go down

Durty Dabbers Dualsport 2011
Page 1 of 1