Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz Empty
PostSubject: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:47 am

I cant find any vid of somebody who installed a big bore kit on their bike riding it around besides that japanese guy and i would really appreciate if someone on here who speaks english could make a cool video so ppl could see how a big bore bike compares to a normal bike wink

so somebody plz help me out horse
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:39 am

What do you want to see? I'm not a proficient wheelie monster, so that wouldn't be part of the mix. I don't really think that a video would tell you much about about the extra umph, but hey, if you want a video, I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 pm

I think the best vway to showcase the big bore kit in a video would be to do some drags/roll on's against another WR with the stock bore and roughly same rider weights and mods.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:53 pm

pbnut wrote:
I think the best vway to showcase the big bore kit in a video would be to do some drags/roll on's against another WR with the stock bore and roughly same rider weights and mods.

I will solicit volunteers for the benefit of addikted2boost. Very happy

OK, all WR250X owners in central Florida who have left their bikes stock and weigh 150 pounds, raise your hands!

Uh-huh. Just what I thought.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: make   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:16 pm

you dont have to do wheelies but if you can roll on the throttle and your front tire comes off the ground id want to see that and just some strait line pulls dunno
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:34 pm

addikted2boost wrote:
you don't have to do wheelies but if you can roll on the throttle and your front tire comes off the ground id want to see that and just some strait line pulls dunno

As much as I wish they would, power wheelies in any gear other than 1st, still ain't happenin'. Of course, maybe my little problem, detailed here, might have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:49 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
addikted2boost wrote:
you don't have to do wheelies but if you can roll on the throttle and your front tire comes off the ground id want to see that and just some strait line pulls dunno

As much as I wish they would, power wheelies in any gear other than 1st, still ain't happenin'. Of course, maybe my little problem, detailed here, might have something to do with it.

dang i hope your bikes fine and its just breaking in . but if you could make a vid of what the main differences are and do a lil ride that wouldbe cool but if your not comfy with how your bikes running dont do it . im not trying to make someone blowup there bike GAHHHH

i kno theres more ppl on this forum that have big bore kits dddog there all hiding hide poser2 i was just wondering if someone could make a vid of a wr250 with either the thumper racing or athena
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:59 pm

I don't know if this link will work, but here is my feeble attempt at making a video... and at doing some wheelies. Don't know if the stock variety WR250X will do it because I never tried, but the 290 will power the the front end up in 1st and probably in 2nd if I sit further back on the seat. Didn't get the wheel up very high because I chickened out. Shog

Try this link.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: badass   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:28 pm

badass video thats all i wanted to see was a good vid of a big bore bike and dont feel bad about the wheelies i suck at them aswell lol!

what gearing are you running? im still stock gearing and my bike doesnt even power wheelie in 1st unless i slow down to a crawl n quikly pop the throttle but your bike looked like it actually got in the air way easier it looks really fun. where are you at in florida ? im from fort myers florida i lived there my whole life untill i joined the army now im in alaska florida is as flat as a board idk if i would buy a wr there i think id rather get a gsxr 750 bc everything down there is flat and straight for the most part but up here in alaska theres roads that are like made for this bike lol and the town is small so you dont have to drive far on highways to get to anywhere cool really. but that housing developement that probably went under like the ones back by my house in florida are a pretty fun place to ride it looks like. thanks for the vid it was great oh and do you have a ktm in your garage if so what is it a duke 690?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Don't have a big-bore bike (yet) myself, but I have ridden HighFive's athena kitted WR250R for about 40 miles, on road and around his backyard motocross track.

The biggest noticeable gain with the big bore is on the bottom end. There's a bit more torque and grunt available right off idle compared to a stock WRR (my bike), so if you geared down your X appropriately 1st and 2nd gear roll-on wheelies should be easily available. There doesn't seem to be as large of a gain on the top end of the motor, probably starting to hit the limits of the stock head porting and airbox with the flapper completely removed. His was tuned with a power commander with autotune, wasn't 100% perfect yet as it was running fairly rich, so there's more to be had there as well. There were noticeably more vibes across the board unfortunately. It doesn't turn it into a wheelie monster machine by any stretch, either kit is only netting an extra 30-40cc's after all, but it does change the character of the motor by making it less peaky and more torquey.

Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:25 pm

skierd wrote:
Don't have a big-bore bike (yet) myself, but I have ridden HighFive's athena kitted WR250R for about 40 miles, on road and around his backyard motocross track.

The biggest noticeable gain with the big bore is on the bottom end. There's a bit more torque and grunt available right off idle compared to a stock WRR (my bike), so if you geared down your X appropriately 1st and 2nd gear roll-on wheelies should be easily available. There doesn't seem to be as large of a gain on the top end of the motor, probably starting to hit the limits of the stock head porting and airbox with the flapper completely removed. His was tuned with a power commander with autotune, wasn't 100% perfect yet as it was running fairly rich, so there's more to be had there as well. There were noticeably more vibes across the board unfortunately. It doesn't turn it into a wheelie monster machine by any stretch, either kit is only netting an extra 30-40cc's after all, but it does change the character of the motor by making it less peaky and more torquey.

well when i get back from afghanistan hope fully ill move to Georgia and if i do ill have morgan from mpfab put his turbo kit along with thumper racings bb kit and low compression piston in my bike beavis
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:02 am

There are a ton of videos on YouTube, just search WR290R or WR250R big bore kit.
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFUVHLllUY
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:21 am

liftdt4r wrote:
There are a ton of videos on YouTube, just search WR290R or WR250R big bore kit.

you might want to read my 1st post again GAHHHH i said the only videos i could find were ones of the japanese guy horse which is the link to the guy i was talking about ,and i dont ride a wr250r i ride the x version so a dude riding through the woods doesnt really give me a close relation to my bike but i appreciate you trying to help.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:55 am

addikted2boost wrote:
what gearing are you running? im still stock gearing and my bike doesnt even power wheelie in 1st unless i slow down to a crawl n quikly pop the throttle but your bike looked like it actually got in the air way easier it looks really fun. where are you at in florida ? im from fort myers florida i lived there my whole life untill i joined the army now im in alaska florida is as flat as a board idk if i would buy a wr there i think id rather get a gsxr 750 bc everything down there is flat and straight for the most part but up here in alaska theres roads that are like made for this bike lol and the town is small so you dont have to drive far on highways to get to anywhere cool really. but that housing developement that probably went under like the ones back by my house in florida are a pretty fun place to ride it looks like. thanks for the vid it was great oh and do you have a ktm in your garage if so what is it a duke 690?

Stock gearing. If anything, I'll put a smaller sprocket on the rear. I don't care about wheelies, and I think the smaller sprocket would make all of the gears more usable for the type of riding that I do with the added umph from the 290.

Florida roads do suck, I guess that's why most folks here have cruisers. I have found a few twisties though. I'll be hitting some of those this morning on the KTM (it's an RC8R).

BTW, thank you for your service. thumb And keep your head down while you're over in Afghanistan!
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:36 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
addikted2boost wrote:

Stock gearing. If anything, I'll put a smaller sprocket on the rear. I don't care about wheelies, and I think the smaller sprocket would make all of the gears more usable for the type of riding that I do with the added umph from the 290.

Florida roads do suck, I guess that's why most folks here have cruisers. I have found a few twisties though. I'll be hitting some of those this morning on the KTM (it's an RC8R).

BTW, thank you for your service. thumb And keep your head down while you're over in Afghanistan!

did you mean a bigger sprocket on the rear? bc a smaller on the rear would make it geared even taller than stock and you might never need 6th gear scratch but i appreciate your vid its cool cheers and thanks about the military comment . what is the top speed youve hit with the big bore added to your bike?
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:08 pm

addikted2boost wrote:
did you mean a bigger sprocket on the rear? bc a smaller on the rear would make it geared even taller than stock and you might never need 6th gear

Smaller. I don't need more low end grunt. As it is, 1st gear is practically useless to me.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: wow   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:42 pm

wow i just use 6th gear on my bike to bring down the revs really thats cool how much of a difference that kit makes thanks for the info youve given me. bow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz   SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz Empty

Back to top Go down

SOMEBODY WITH A BIG BORE KIT MAKE A VIDEO plzzzzzz
Page 1 of 1