Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Decat oem exhaust?

Go down 
+4
GooseR6
WRXR
craigq
rodney
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rodney

decat - Decat oem exhaust? Empty
PostSubject: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Anyone decat their muffler? I just pulled the exup out of the stock muffler, and was planning on decat, only if it does not increase volume. Anyone do this mod before? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: nevermind...   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:03 pm

nevermind...

decat - Decat oem exhaust? 5897549067_6850d26848_b
decat - Decat oem exhaust? 5897555017_5abe7b155a_b

and to answer the question, it is slightly louder without the above parts. not obnoxious though. Very happy
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:23 pm

That's a small catalytic converter...
O/T those rims look nice thumb
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:43 am

Did you feel any power increase? Decrease? How's the sound?
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 pm

WRXR wrote:
Did you feel any power increase? Decrease? How's the sound?

never ran the exhuast stock. compared to my 4 barrel, it is MUCH quieter, and i cant hear the bike over 40mph. sound with the spark arrestor in, is the same as other bikes which were stock.

i did notice the bike is getting a few mpg more, which i found odd.
Back to top Go down
GooseR6

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

rodney wrote:
nevermind...

decat - Decat oem exhaust? 5897549067_6850d26848_b
decat - Decat oem exhaust? 5897555017_5abe7b155a_b

and to answer the question, it is slightly louder without the above parts. not obnoxious though. Very happy

Any walk through on this?

Where is the cat located in the exhaust?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm

GooseR6 wrote:

Any walk through on this?

Where is the cat located in the exhaust?

Thanks

where the muffler to pipe tapers down. no walkthrough, just cut the pipe open, gut parts, reweld pipe. simple, if you have a welder.
Back to top Go down
zachsb3

zachsb3

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 pm

nice. itd be cool to see a dyno comparison. im sure the mpg difference is do to easier breathing. Do you have a PC or fmf controller?

good lookin bike btw thumb
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:30 am

zachsb3 wrote:
nice. itd be cool to see a dyno comparison. im sure the mpg difference is do to easier breathing. Do you have a PC or fmf controller?

good lookin bike btw thumb

no fuel controller. bike has 15k with a delta pipe, hasn't been an issue. i pulled the cat since it held some decent heat. i use that exhaust when i go woods riding, or when i need to be stealthy... :nono:
Back to top Go down
bobbytohn

bobbytohn

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:46 am

needs more pics
like how and where you cut ??
and what you did???
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:49 pm

bobbytohn wrote:
needs more pics
like how and where you cut ??
and what you did???
+ 1
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 pm

i did mine with a small holesaw (cut some extra in the baffles) and used a long threaded rod to smash the cat out.
my welding skilz are not enough to do what he did!

i gutted mine from the bunghole of the exhaust. it was a bit of work but it works really good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Anyway to remove the EXUP without re-welding the hole? I dont own a welder or know anyone who does.
:hmmm: I guess I could take it to a muffler shop and give em a case of beer or $20. Anyone have any luck with this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decat oem exhaust?   decat - Decat oem exhaust? Empty

Back to top Go down

Decat oem exhaust?
Page 1 of 1