Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

6th gear useless?

Go down 
+15
YZEtc
rickcj7
texasreb
rydnseek
Akasy
josh
mash100
jeffpack1957
SheWolf
skierd
pbnut
motokid
jimmy2020
greer
WRXR
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WRXR

WRXR

6th gear useless? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th gear useless?   6th gear useless? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:42 pm

motokid wrote:
Your speedometer reads faster than what you are moving.

The stock speedometer shows 7.7% faster than actual speed.

Dropping in front, and/or raising any in rear throws it off even farther.

That sounds about right. According to my Speedo I'm doing 60 but on my GPS I'm just doing 50.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: 6th gear useless?   6th gear useless? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:14 am

So when you guys are cruising at 40-55mph you just stay in 5th instead of shifting one more time and letting the motor chill? I dunno, if I'm not about to turn, climb a hill, or need to pass someone, I shift in to the highest gear I can without lugging. EX: If the speed limit is 35, I am probably doing about 40mph and in 6th.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: 6th gear useless?   6th gear useless? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:51 pm

[quote="oic0"]So when you guys are cruising at 40-55mph you just stay in 5th instead of shifting one more time and letting the motor chill? I dunno, if I'm not about to turn, climb a hill, or need to pass someone, I shift in to the highest gear I can without lugging. EX: If the speed limit is 35, I am probably doing about 40mph and in 6th. [/quot

I try to keep my motor in or close to the power band for saftey sake on the Interstate. 40-55 would be 5th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th gear useless?   6th gear useless? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

6th gear useless?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2