Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe

Go down 
+4
rc23
WRXR
IAmABug
No~One
8 posters
AuthorMessage
No~One

No~One

Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe Empty
PostSubject: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Out of curiosity I removed the spark arrestor on the stock pipe and put the 3-bolt cover back on (There is little to no traffic enforcement here, much less emission/sound ordnance's, I can get away with that, and pretty much anything else here).

I've had it off for about a month now, I love the way it sounds, especially compared to all the lame vespa scooters and the army of crotch-rockets around here. Very happy

Will this have any adverse effect on maintenance, longevity of parts et cetera?

I'd swear it's faster now with a better throttle response, but maybe I'm imagining it.....

(Edit - Fixed post title to proper description.)

Last edited by No~One on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:40 pm

No~One wrote:
I removed the silencer canister thing on the stock pipe...

Pictures Please! How much louder did it get though? I'm running OEM too and might do the same.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 pm

I took the spark arrestor out as well. It is louder in my ear then before. I don't think the db's went up that much though. I do notice a drone from the exhaust when cruiseing along with the throttle in one position.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:51 pm

what exactly did you do? did you remove the three allen bolts and take the whole thing out? I did that once but I didn't like that the pipe had just a big hole at it's end...
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:40 am

This was the first thing I did to my bike... It won't cause any maintenance issues - the one thing I had to do was put an aluminum spacer over the top left bolt to fill the hole bc it was blowing exhaust on my tail fairing(my bikes white so it will yellow if you dont)

I think the only benefit is sound and maybe a tiny bit when its tach'd out. Sounds awesome and you get to keep some low-end with the ex-up intact
I can't believe more people don't do this.

Take 3 bolts out - remove cap and spark arrestor - replace cap with 3 bolts but throw the spark arrestor away.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 am

rc23 wrote:

I tried that early on. Believe it or not, I hated the noise that came out of exhaust.
I also felt absolutely no improvement in power or performance.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:45 am

to each his own - I just hate how quiet the pipe is stock and I like the BRAAPP as loud as possible thumb
I've gutted mine also so maybe it sounds different. IMO these little guys aren't getting much improvement in performance from any pipe...maybe the Graves full system...but I refuse to pay $900 for only a few hp on a bike that makes less than 30 total.

again, just my $.02

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 am

My X is 99% street ridden.

I leave for work at 5:00am - so having a noisy exhaust is of high concern.
My neighbors and family would not be happy at all with a loud exhaust.

I don't fall into the "loud pipes saves lives" crowd.

In fact - I think loud, obnoxious exhaust noise is highly detrimental to ALL motorcyclists.

Glad I'm not your neighbor. amazon

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:35 am

I think that saying is worthless as well...

Difference - Mine is 99% track ridden...and I race/ride with earplugs thumb
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:21 pm

motokid wrote:
rc23 wrote:

I tried that early on. Believe it or not, I hated the noise that came out of exhaust.
I also felt absolutely no improvement in power or performance.

I agree the thing was loud without the arrestor & gave me a headache.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:01 pm

I made this to go on for my endcap
Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe D344feb2
Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe 9071be37
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:38 am

Quote :
what exactly did you do? did you remove the three allen bolts and take the whole thing out? I did that once but I didn't like that the pipe had just a big hole at it's end...

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I unbolted the whole thing, took the spark arrestor out, rebolted the cover back on with the 3 bolts. I love the way it sounds, now my bike doesn't sound like one of the lame vespa scooters around here.

Suprisingly? enough, there are numerous crotch-rockets around here (and of course the Harleys) with exhausts that sound WAY louder then mine without the spark arrestor in place.

Hate on me if you must but I don't live in suburbia, so no one cares how loud my bike is. I routinely see Sicilians flying around everything but the autostrada with 2-stroke non-plated true dirtbikes (also louder then mine).

It has also added the benefit of making the Sicilians more aware of me on my bike, which is always a plus as they are DANGEROUS (and not in a good way) with motor vehicles. Seriously. Worst driving I've EVER seen in my life, having been to numerous other countries.

Every day is like a bad, cheap version of Mad Max / Death Race.
Back to top Go down
xanny man 262

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:34 pm

can anyone out there sell me there spark arrestor

Last edited by xanny man 262 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lenzhotrod

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Call your dealer, they can't be that much. It is replaceable.
Back to top Go down
xanny man 262

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 am

i got one from someone here on forum $15 shipped thanks ramz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe   Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

Spark Arrestor Removed - Stock Pipe
Page 1 of 1