Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gear 12/48 top speed

Go down 
+3
Jäger
rmax
reaver666
7 posters
AuthorMessage
reaver666

Gear 12/48 top speed Empty
PostSubject: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 am

I would like to know what the top speed would be for 12/48 gearing. Before you flame the question....its my first time to the forum and don't have time to go through the whole site looking. I am sure its been asked and answered before. So if you have time to flame, you have time to be congenial and just answer the question. Thanks in advance for you time.
Back to top Go down
rmax

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 pm

I found one member's claim to be 100kph or 62mph. I've got 13/48 gearing and my top is at about 70mph. I can hit 75-78 but 70 is the practical number for me. I was also considering the 12/48. Let us know how you like it.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:56 am

reaver666 wrote:
I would like to know what the top speed would be for 12/48 gearing. Before you flame the question....its my first time to the forum and don't have time to go through the whole site looking.
There's a pretty good search engine here which will tell you whether the question has been asked or answered before - and probably in less time than you will wait for somebody to give you a definitive answer.

Of course, for questions like this, Gearing Commander is your friend.
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:13 am

I've never tried to take my top speed WRR. I've got 13/48 too, and 110 km / h get well if necessary. As explained rmax.
Back to top Go down
killbill

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:08 am

i run 12-43. i found one 106 teeth chain, will it fit my wrr?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:55 am

reaver666 wrote:
I would like to know what the top speed would be for 12/48 gearing. Before you flame the question....its my first time to the forum and don't have time to go through the whole site looking. I am sure its been asked and answered before. So if you have time to flame, you have time to be congenial and just answer the question. Thanks in advance for you time.

I have a wr250x with a 13/48 combination. I also have a 12 o'clock labs speedo correcter so I know what my true top speed is.
I have also made a few top speed runs so I know pretty much what that top speed is.

Trouble is...I've posted here for a few years now, and I just don't feel like I have the time to provide that information.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
reaver666

PostSubject: Moto child   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:25 am

There is always one on every site. To bad you do not have 12 o'clock obtuse correcter. Thanks to the others for putting me onto the gearing commander website. It really helped.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 am

Ha. I've gone out of my way more than once to grab wrenches and screw drivers so I could remove body parts and photograph things for people here when they've asked questions.

The difference is in how the questions are asked.

Your first and only post here basically stated you were too damn lazy to spend any time searching for the information you needed.

So when you enter a forum with something less than a respectful first post - don't be surprised when you receive a reply that's along the same level as the tone you set.

My top speed on flat ground, in a full tuck, with about 2 miles of straight road on a breezy day was 84mph.
With a 12 on the front I'd be surprised if you could hit 80mph. I'd guess upper 70's would be the max with that configuration.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
reaver666

PostSubject: Im sorry Moto child   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 pm

I have obviously hurt your feelings by calling you obtuse because you could not follow the first post. I am sorry. In todays politically correct world it is definitely a faux pax to point out the deficits in anothers mental acuity. Please forgive me. I would ask however that you refrain from making assertions of a personal nature. The question was answered by another already so it appears as if you have wasted your valuable time again. I am sure we can be congenial Moto child if you can learn not to be that guy. I simply asked a question and knew the types of people who take advantage of the webs anonymity, so placed a disclaimer in the question. Unfortunately you embraced the negative aspect of the post (placed to dissuade the flamers) and turned it on yourself. Lets start over. Again, I am sorry I hurt your feelings. Lets move on and be WR250R buddies!
Back to top Go down
rmax

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:46 pm

You aroused my curiosity with this question so I put a 12t on the front with the 48t on the back. I was pleasantly surprised to find that 6th gear for a little more speed. I easily hit 65, topping out at 74. 75.6mph with a little tuck.

Full knobby tires front and rear at about 17psi. Speeds measured with GPS.
Back to top Go down
reaver666

PostSubject: thanks   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:18 pm

rmax, thanks for the update. My buddy and I just bought our bikes 5 months ago and we are planning on changing the gearing our next pay check. We do 90% of our riding in the dirt but wanted to be able to be street legal to get there. I'll let you know how we like the difference. We are ordering next friday so should have an update within a few weeks. If you have any input on best place to order we are all ears. thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:38 pm

motokid wrote:

My top speed on flat ground, in a full tuck, with about 2 miles of straight road on a breezy day was 84mph.
With a 12 on the front I'd be surprised if you could hit 80mph. I'd guess upper 70's would be the max with that configuration.

that may help on the issue of mods. My bike is totally stock (R) with the exception of gearing--I'm running 13-48 also--MT21's. Top speed exact same conditions is 80mph. Looks like all the mods are good for maybe 4mph top end. I ran what must have been 15 miles dead level in Nevada this way and the 80mph was a constant.
Ever notice how quiet the intake gets right at WFO throttle?
Back to top Go down
rmax

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 am

reaver666 wrote:
If you have any input on best place to order we are all ears. thanks again.

I don't recall where I purchased the 12t from but I bought the 13/48 combo with chain at http://www.mototraction.com for $135.90 shipped.

RK 520XSO X'ring Chain & Steel Sprocket Set-Yamaha WR 250 F/R/X '01-'09
- Yamaha Application: WR 250R/X '08-09
- Rear Sprocket Size: 48T
- Front Sprocket Size: 13T

I can't comment on "best" place to order, just passing on my experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gear 12/48 top speed   Gear 12/48 top speed Empty

Back to top Go down

Gear 12/48 top speed
Page 1 of 1