Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Greetings from kent England

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smudger096

Greetings from kent England Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from kent England   Greetings from kent England EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:07 pm

having owned ridden and rebuilt many enduro models, I started looking for something dirt capable, but with less maintenance. I wasnt bothered about enduro anymore and like a lot of people was searching for " the holy grail ", a decent trail bike that was ok on tarmac. I ride trails at home in kent and in Catalunya , Northern Spain. I read about the wr r and mused about it for two years. would it really do the dirt, would it really hold 70mph on the road. I took the plunge and bought an x with some additional r wheels with decent knobblies on. I rode it first on the road. it has a few mods, all excess weight stripped, api removed,flapper mod done,,48 tooth rear and sticky bridgestones on. 100 mph on the speedo, you can tell the r1 heritage as when thrashed it howls like a sports bike rather than an enduro. handling is excellent and late braking a must, with 30 hp its never going to be frightening, but its genuine fun to ride.
A quick wheel change and the full on mx knobblies ruin the fun on the road, so its off to the green lanes of kent., 70 miles later and one off on a slimey chalk and flint climb, no fault of the wr, my mate stalling half way up on his ktm 250 2t. you can soon get to the limits of the suspension riding enduro style, but this is missing the point, its a trail bike and a very good one, stay within its limitations and it copes with most situations and its comfortable.
Next trip the big trails in Spain in which I think it will excell. I am happy with the wr and will be selling my ktm 640 and gasser 250.
Back to top Go down

Greetings from kent England
Page 1 of 1