Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

12oclock Labs Speedo DRD

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
grw800

grw800

12oclock Labs Speedo DRD Empty
PostSubject: 12oclock Labs Speedo DRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:59 pm

I know there have been many posts about the speedo DRD, but they are mostly about speedometer correction after a a gearing change. I just wanted to post up my info on a totally stock bike. I checked mine against a GPS, and at actual 60 mph my speedo showed 67. I installed and programmed the 12oclock Labs Speedo DRD , and now my speedometer reads dead on correct. Very nice product, easy to install and program. Now I'll be ready to correct the speedo again when I change sprockets and/or mount new tires.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: 12oclock Labs Speedo DRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:19 pm

So grw800, is the odometer off the same percentage as the speed, and does the DRD correct that too?
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: 12oclock Labs Speedo DRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Stock, my speedo is off by about 10%, while the odo is maybe 3%. Others may be different.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: 12oclock Labs Speedo DRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 pm

With 13x45 gearing the speed is off about 14% and the odometer is off about 5%. If anyone knows I would like to hear why they are so different.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: 12oclock Labs Speedo DRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:43 am

The stock speedometer from Yamaha is roughly 7%-8% off right from the factory.
The stock odometer is pretty close to dead-on (from what I'm told).

They way they collect data and calculate distance and speed is moronic and defies all logic.
That information is NOT taken from the front wheel like a standard speedometer.

So when you correct your speed, you throw your distance off.
Or when you correct your distance you throw your speed off.
You can thank Yamaha for that.

I'm more likely to get nailed for speeding than I am for having an odometer that doesn't record the exact mileage.
So I correct my speed and don't worry about the odometer at all.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: 60csx or a Speedo DRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:40 am

I was going to buy a Speedo DRD but then I thought why spend almost $90 on it when for $200 I can get a 60csx that will give me all the data I will ever need. Bought the Garmin last week and love it.
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: SpeedoDRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:15 pm

I got the unit Saturday. With 12 - 48 gearing I was way out. -25.5%
Both Speedo and odometer are now right on.
I do not see how the odometer and speed can not be linked v=d/t if you know d and t then you have v.
I doubt Yamaha did their calculation any other way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12oclock Labs Speedo DRD   12oclock Labs Speedo DRD Empty

Back to top Go down

12oclock Labs Speedo DRD
Page 1 of 1