Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire pump

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
grw800

grw800

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Tire pump   Tire pump EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:54 pm

I wanted a tire pump that was light, compact, and would inflate a tire without wearing me out. I see lots of the CO2 kits out there, but I wanted something that would work at any time without relying on a CO2 cylinder. I found this pump on a bicycle site. I saw no mention of it on this site or any other motorcycle site for that matter, so I thought I would post up here. The pump is a Mountain Morph made by Topeak. It seems well made and is easy to use. The fold-out foot pad and handle make it into a mini floor pump. It is convertible for Schrader or Presta valves, so you can use it on your bicycle tires or help a stranded bicyclist.
The pump looks well made, but I was skeptical until I tried it on my own tires. I deflated my rear tire by removing the valve stem core. I reinstalled the core, hooked up the pump, and exactly 60 seconds later my tire was inflated to 14PSI. Another 30 seconds of pumping and I was at 20 PSI. Just for fun I did another 30 seconds and the pressure was 27PSI. Works for me! I saw another model that has a built-in gauge, but I figured it was just another piece that could get broken off. For mounting, you could use the included mount and attach it to the handlebar crossbar. or zip tie the pump under your rear rack, or just carry it in your backpack or tailbag, etc. There is also a smaller model called a Mini Morph.

Tire pump 00210

Tire pump 00811
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire pump   Tire pump EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 pm

There are a few cool, bicycle pumps out there. Most are decent...Blackburns have worked well for me.These are relatively cheap, small, light, and dependable.
....If you want small, light, and functional...talk to bicyclists
Shop tools may be a different story...
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire pump   Tire pump EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:06 am

I have a pump like that and it works great. thumb Mine has the built-in gauge you mentioned and it's pretty much worthless unless you're filling a bicycle tire to 50 or 60 psi.

Instead of using the standard tool tube from Agri Supply that everyone else has I use a welding rod tube that's long enough so the pump, along with my other flat repair stuff, will fit in it.

Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire pump   Tire pump EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:53 pm

RimBenty, how did you mount your tool tube? Any pics?
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire pump   Tire pump EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Here's some pictures of my tool tube setup. I believe it's a Lincoln welding rod tube. I made some straps out of metal stock and was able to line one up with the factory tool kit bracket, the other wouldn't line up with any holes so I welded a piece on to reach where the helmet lock was. The tube is actually red but I painted it black. I keep the pump in an old sock when it's in the tube to help protect it.

Tire pump IMG_0684

Tire pump IMG_0682

The red is from the tire rubbing the paint off.
Tire pump IMG_0673

Here my daughter is holding the pump next to it
Tire pump IMG_0674
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire pump   Tire pump EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Very helpful, thank you!
Back to top Go down
stumo

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire pump   Tire pump EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 am

I've used one of them for years and never had any problems.

They're a great pump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire pump   Tire pump Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire pump
Page 1 of 1