Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X w/ Nav! lol

Go down 
+2
Chrispy1200
rbradshaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rbradshaw

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Just installed new FMF Q4 w/ mega bomb and FMF programmer. I knew I wanted the programmer somewhere convenient so I decided the handlebar pad would be a good spot. Then I got thinking my Garmin Navi would be nice to have as well, so this is what I ended up with.... what do you think?
WR250X w/ Nav! lol 31e71da3
WR250X w/ Nav! lol 64ac0200

Last edited by rbradshaw on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Niiiiice !

I might copy that. thumb
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm

That is pretty cool! How easy is it to take off when you have to park it in public? It would suck if somebody ripped that off to get the navi.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:55 pm

When I looked at the first pic I thought "terrible idea..."

The last pic though is pretty slick. I like the accessible yet stealthy FMF mounting.

I'd probably pass on the nav though. I've got a waterproof hiking GPS with a hacked copy of street maps on it that looks way more bawler hanging off the adv mount.
Back to top Go down
rbradshaw

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Thanks for the compliments. I ended up zip tying the programer to the pad so if I want to leave the cover off for tuning on the road I won't have to worry about it flying off. I think since its hard wired to the bike I'm not too worried about anyone trying to steal it. I live in a town that has very little crime, so I'm not really worried about anyone stealing it or the GPS. When the GPS is turned off, the screen in black and you can hardly tell its there other than the antenna. It's not wired at all, so if I do feel like taking it with me its just a matter of loosening the 3 velcro straps on the pad cover, pulling it out of the cut out and replacing the cover. If it was just the programmer in there, nobody would ever have a clue it was there!!! Time to start on changing out the rear sprocket to a 47 tooth and new chain....

couple more sitting on the bike:
WR250X w/ Nav! lol A99be7e0
WR250X w/ Nav! lol B7c3234b
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Cool idea. Nice job!
Back to top Go down
sock monkey

sock monkey

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Sweet mod! Very creative and nicely done. thumb

But you are gonna be a sad, sad puppy if you ever need to make use of what that pad was originally for...... GAHHHH

-SM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250X w/ Nav! lol   WR250X w/ Nav! lol Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250X w/ Nav! lol
Page 1 of 1