Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

No start...

Go down 
+3
eyty
joenuclear
greer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
greer

No start... Empty
PostSubject: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Could somebody with their WR/X handy help me out, please. I can't think what typical start-up is. When I turn on my key, pump primes as usual and for a couple of seconds I see dash lights for fuel, temp and engine, then those lights go off. Neutral light stays on as it should. Then when I hit the starter button and the bike is cranking I'm seeing the engine light....should the engine light be on at this point? Bike turns over but will not start. I stuck the battery charger on it and the "charging" light came on so maybe low battery is the trouble but it seems to be turning over like crazy. I just can't think if that engine light during cranking is normal..??

Sarah
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Kill switch?
Back to top Go down
greer

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:03 pm

It's set for run.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
eyty

No start... Empty
PostSubject: No start   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Engine light during cranking is normal.
Back to top Go down
greer

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Appreciate you on the other forum, too. Thanks again.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
TheBackRoads

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 pm

eyty wrote:
Engine light during cranking is normal.

Mine does it too.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Hope this helps. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
greer

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks so much everybody! I had both forums going at once, here's a copy&paste from Advrider:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debaisley
mine didnt start like that once , everything seemed normal but it just keep cranking and didnt fire. I then held the throttle wide open and started cranking it and after a few revolutions it started up , has never had that problem since , i dont know what would have caused it.

This exactly! I have absolutely no idea what the trouble could have been. I've shut it off and restarted it several times over the last few minutes and it fires right up. Beats the heck out of me. I did take out the iridium plug and swap back to a factory plug I took out at last change, but it still wouldn't fire til I held the throttle open. Thanks so much for chiming in everybody, whew what a relief.

Sarah

p.s. From the replies on Advrider, looks like this same thing has happened to several folks. ???
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Had the same thing a few weeks ago. Momentary panicky thought of "WTF"? - mine always fires almost instantly. Tank was full of fresh new high test. Then remembered a post something like that earlier this summer. Held the throttle open and cranked and cranked and cranked. Seemed like forever, but probably 10 - 15 seconds, tops. Eventually caught and fired up, ran smoothly as soon as it caught.

Had a backcountry ride coming up the next day, so I probably started and stopped it two dozen times before I headed out next afternoon. Never a stutter since, back to firing up instantly. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Now that I think about it, I've had a couple of times where it didn't start instantly. Every time, it's been on the sidestand at the end of my sloped driveway, so leaned over a fair bit to the left, rather than straight up and down. I've always instinctively straightened it up and it started next try with no throttle twisting. (Sidestand still down, in neutral, so it's not that switch). Dunno if that's related to others' problems, but thought I'd throw it in ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No start... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No start...   No start... Empty

Back to top Go down

No start...
Page 1 of 1