Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit?

Go down 
+26
4play
trevorb
Prairieparson
bmdtech
silentwolf
Dryer
Biglake
nwrider
sswrx
RichardU
pbnut
ejfranz1
Niewski11
CaptainPwnage
bobbytohn
Arkmage
deerHater
skidmarx
BuilderBob
millert85
ramz
motokid
Jäger
oic0
trav72
BoredAzHell20
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
rsteiger

rsteiger

Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit?   Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 5:24 pm

4play wrote:
ezrdr55 wrote:
4play wrote:
I'm very, very pleased with the 306 package. No downside what so ever.
Made a very fun bike an absolute hoot. With 14/49 gearing I believe it would loop in 1st, throttles up the front wheel in second very quickly. Midrange power is about what peak pwr was as a 250, that was most evident in the sand washes, it just goes, not working nearly as hard in deep sand as before.

Have you had a chance to check your gas mileage?  

Just over 1000 miles on it now. Trail riding fuel economy has not really changed. I did 164 mile loop yesterday riding 4000-7000' elevation the first 90 miles I was riding for fun, not for mileage thinking we'd get fuel at Lake Mormon. They only had regular fuel so I elected to run the return route on what was left in my 3.1 gallon tank & rode with the front wheel on the ground more.
It took 2.7 gallons to top it off, so that's ~61mpg which is very acceptable for the type of riding we were doing.

The engine is making more power at lower RPM's so I don't need to downshift or rev the engine nearly as much.

wings thumb 
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: WRR Big Bore and Future Proofing   Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:10 pm

The big bore kit with it's horsepower gains and acceptable (to me at least) mileage is very encouraging - my wife and I each ride the mighty WRR for our adventure/back country pursuits. Right now both bikes are stock as far as engine mods go but I'm planning on getting the FMF header/muffler and Power commander w/Auto Tune set up very soon. Will this future proof me re the big bore kit? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit?   Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:53 pm

That last sentence got spell checked or something?

The pipe, air box mod  & auto tune provide a significant improvement over dead stock. They are an excellent base for the big bore when you decide to go bigger. I never dyno tuned mine & probably never will. I've run it enough with the auto tune to be confident it won't hurt itself & I've played with the AF ratio tables enough to be very happy with the power.
With a 280 or 290 kit you'll want to add a little fuel to the idle table. You can watch the AFR with your laptop & trim it to your liking. I like ~13 at idle on mine for best throttle response.
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: Mods before and after a big bore kit   Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 am

4play wrote:
That last sentence got spell checked or something?

The pipe, air box mod  & auto tune provide a significant improvement over dead stock. They are an excellent base for the big bore when you decide to go bigger. I never dyno tuned mine & probably never will. I've run it enough with the auto tune to be confident it won't hurt itself & I've played with the AF ratio tables enough to be very happy with the power.
With a 280 or 290 kit you'll want to add a little fuel to the idle table. You can watch the AFR with your laptop & trim it to your liking. I like ~13 at idle on mine for best throttle response.

No, not spell check - my poor grammar… But your answer is exactly what I needed, thanks!

I just wanted to make sure that if I do the air box/pipe/programmer now I won't have to reverse anything or switch to another product when I get around to doing the big bore kit. We've got a week long ride planned for August, probably across Idaho, off road. It will be my goal to have both bikes set up with all of the mods for that trip then probably do the bore kits over the winter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit?   Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thumper Racing is developing a 310/320 kit?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4