Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

BEST Street Tire for WRR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

BEST Street Tire for WRR Empty
PostSubject: BEST Street Tire for WRR   BEST Street Tire for WRR EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:17 pm

What is the BEST Street Tire available for the WRR rim size?

I recently ordered the Shinko 705 tires for my WRR (they havent arrived yet) but since ordering, I've read that they dont provide a solid feel for the rider. And the alot of people running the 705s find themselves riding more conservative. So before I mount these tires I'd like to make sure it's something that I'll feel confident riding. So what is the BEST 100% Street Tire for the WRR?

Several Tires I've read about OR found in sizes close to the 90/90-21 & 120/80-18 Sizes are...

• Avon Distanzia
  • Avon AM26 Roadrider
  • Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 (Sport Touring)
  • Bridgestone Battle Wing
  • Bridgestone BW501
  • Continental Conti Trail Attack
  • Continental Conti Go
  • Dunlop D607 (Are they Available in 21"/18"?)
  • Metzeler Lasertec Bias (Sport Touring)
  • Pirelli Scorpion Trail -H, -V, -G, -S
  • Shinko 705
  • Shinko SR428

Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: BEST Street Tire for WRR   BEST Street Tire for WRR EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

You might also consider Metzeler Tourances. I've run 'em on a WeeStrom and an F800GS and gotten great mileage and handling, wet or dry.
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: BEST Street Tire for WRR   BEST Street Tire for WRR EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 pm

I have Avon Distanzia 80/90S-21 & 110/80S-18 on my street wheels and so far over 10k miles. Avon's specification said the 110/80-18 was a better fit than the 120/80-18, so I used the 110 on the rear. ( http://www.avonmoto.com/download/Distanzia&Gripster.pdf ) Pick them up at motorcycle-superstore.com, at the time they had the best price I could find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEST Street Tire for WRR   BEST Street Tire for WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

BEST Street Tire for WRR
Page 1 of 1