Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trouble starting my wr250X

Go down 
+2
BuilderBob
pughg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pughg

Trouble starting my wr250X Empty
PostSubject: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:02 am

Does anyone know if the 09's have similar problems with the fuel pump. I recently washed my bike and immediatly afterwards the fuel pump will not prime. I have checked the fuses and checked the majority of the electical connections and still nothing. The tail light, display and turn signals work fine. No errors on the display. I also cleaned the kill switch with contact cleaner. I am at a loss. Any ideas??

George
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Side stand switch?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
pughg

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:46 pm

It was the plug behind the radiator. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!!! I am back in business. thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:05 pm

pughg wrote:
It was the plug behind the radiator. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!!! I am back in business. thumb

AWESOME!!!! thumb thumb

Just a lucky guess. Very happy

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sirkomania

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:04 pm

OK, I am having a similar problem with my 09 WR250X. I drove in from home this morning to work and it started as perfectly usual in 1 crank. no hiccups, park it and go in. Come out for lunch, turn the key and lights and display fine, but i knew right away I didnt hear the priming. try it sgain and again. So i pull the tool kit. start taking the seat and fender off. no loose or open connections near the battery or computer or relays under the seat. I then take the front light off. nothing loose in there all cxns good. Got a lift home and dragged this hunk of junk which has SERIOUSLY pissed me off at this point. I read this and ran outside with a glimpse of hop. Removed the rad and checked the cxns, but they were all good too :(

Do i have to pull the tank next? Sounds like its the pump eh?
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Since you didn't mention them: Did you try giving the kill switch a workout? Do you hear a click after you turn the key? Did you try to start it?

Back to top Go down
sirkomania

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:36 pm

I did try playing with the kill switch, it is functioning properly. I left the bike sit in the garage with a fan blowing on it and after about an hour it primes and starts fine. But after a 10-20min ride its hot and will not start until cool again witht eh same symptoms as before, fuel pump wont prime. :(
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:04 am

Sounding like it's the pump. The click I asked about comes from the relay that applies power to the fuel pump. You may have to put your ear down by the seat/side covers to hear it. If you have a click and no pump sound, that points to the pump. No click, and I'd be looking at other items like the kill switch, lean angle sensor and the relay unit.

Out of morbid curiosity, what's the manufacturing date on the bike? It can be found on the right side of the frame up by the tripple clamps.
Back to top Go down
sirkomania

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:57 am

03/09, however the bike was an 09' with 80kms until i bought it in june 12.. so the fuel pump could have faulted due to misuse.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:17 pm

fyi to all, I was told by a YAM dealer rep that if I ever had problems with my pump, it could possibly get replaced (warranty)...they've seen problems, all the way through '10 build.....I have a 2010...
Back to top Go down
sirkomania

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Fuzzy Wrench wrote:
fyi to all, I was told by a YAM dealer rep that if I ever had problems with my pump, it could possibly get replaced (warranty)...they've seen problems, all the way through '10 build.....I have a 2010...

thanks im definitely goign to look into taking it to a dealer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble starting my wr250X   Trouble starting my wr250X Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble starting my wr250X
Page 1 of 1