Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How is your commute?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

How is your commute? Empty
PostSubject: How is your commute?   How is your commute? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:35 am

First couple mins cut off, gps finding signal. But anyhow, this is how annoying mine is. Also gives a good idea of how hard I flog the bike.
If you wanna do one of these, all you need is a GPS that records a GPX. Personally I had my android phone record with a program called "My Tracks" its free but the only issue is its for cyclists and it seems to cut out stops, so everywhere you the graph dip all the way down, I probably came to a complete stop or close to it . Uploaded it to the site http://utrack.crempa.net/ which turns the GPX into purty graphs and maps.

How is your commute? 2ecdlll
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PostSubject: Re: How is your commute?   How is your commute? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Right now it's cold. Been at or just below freezing the last couple mornings on the way in. Last night got a bit of snow and had frost on the bike seat today when I fired it up. Today was also the first time I found a spot with a small ice patch on the road. Hope spring comes soon.

My ride is almost 1/2 hour long so you can find lots if different variables at 6:00 in da morning
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: How is your commute?   How is your commute? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 pm

We have spring every couple days here. One morning I wake up its just above freezing. Couple days later its 70* and im sweating because the liner is still in my jacket, but I dont dare take it out because I know it will be cold again in a couple days lol.
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: How is your commute?   How is your commute? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:18 pm

I ride to work almost every day even through the New England winter. My commute is about 8 1/2 miles through rural/suburban roads- short enough where I don't have to worry much about the weather. There's one nice stretch where the road goes through a tight reverse "S", almost a hairpin turn and then goes over a causeway past a lake. I often meander home on different routes- it never gets tiring! The moto-commute was one of the reasons for accepting my present job.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: How is your commute?   How is your commute? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:05 am

65km one direction (130km per day), open roads. I use small backroads mostly with a little gravel at some sections. Speed may reach up to ~126km/h with an average of approx. 60km/h.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is your commute?   How is your commute? Empty

Back to top Go down

How is your commute?
Page 1 of 1