Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

damaged thread in frame for tank bolt.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BBRadar

damaged thread in frame for tank bolt. Empty
PostSubject: damaged thread in frame for tank bolt.   damaged thread in frame for tank bolt. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:39 am

So, I've managed to damage the top front thread in the frame where the tank bolts into - I've got the big ill fitting IMS tank which is a bit of a battle to get on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about fixing this? I can still manage to thread the bolt on - but it very difficult to get straight.

That and the GPR dampener doesn't make it a pleasant job to get under the tank.

edit: oops. maybe I should have put this in the "what's broken" thread.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: damaged thread in frame for tank bolt.   damaged thread in frame for tank bolt. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:26 am

Can you drill out the thru-hole in the IMS tank to give yourself a touch more clearance? Just enough to allow the bolt to pass through with the proper alignment?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BBRadar

PostSubject: Re: damaged thread in frame for tank bolt.   damaged thread in frame for tank bolt. EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 am

motokid wrote:
Can you drill out the thru-hole in the IMS tank to give yourself a touch more clearance? Just enough to allow the bolt to pass through with the proper alignment?

Yeah, I'll drill it some more - I originally drilled it just enough that I could get the bolts in - that's probably what caused all my problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: damaged thread in frame for tank bolt.   damaged thread in frame for tank bolt. Empty

Back to top Go down

damaged thread in frame for tank bolt.
Page 1 of 1