Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over

Go down 
+18
Swagger
derverla
skierd
jacekrsx
rokka
aaronhall555
mordicai
mr-cave
sswrx
sturgeon
mucker
deerHater
IAmABug
Marylucky
Dancamp
A66auto
bigg
motokid
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over Empty
PostSubject: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:15 am

What are you paying for gasoline?

Price per gallon?
Price per liter? Litre?

Here in Delaware USA gas is right around $3.60 per US gallon.

So one US gallon is equal to 3.7854 liters
And one US gallon is equal to 0.8326 Imperial gallons

Or 1 litres = 0.264172052 US gallons

dunno baldy :hmmm: :duh:

At any rate.... What are you paying?

Oil prices per barrel are right around $102 and expected to go up.

Rumor has it $4.00 per US gallon is just around the corner and $5.00/US gallon may be here before the end of 2012.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:02 am

so if I did this right you are paying 0.723 € per liter?

Sounds like a bargain. Of course rising prices are a bitch no matter where you start off.

Currently in Munich I pay 1.56 € per liter for 98 Octanes and 1.48€ for 95 Octanes. Prices can vary up to 10 cents though depending on the time of day! :hmmm: :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 am

Opps....that $3.60/gallon is for 87 octane.
That's the gas most cars run on.

91-92 octane is about $3.85 per gallon on up to $4.00/gallon depending on location.

I realize octane is rated differently depending on where people are in the world too.

Where I live "regular" gas is 87 octane. Mid-range is 89 octane. High-test is 91 octane.
Some Sunoco gas stations offer 92 octane.

The wr250x/r in USofA recommends 91 octane.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:47 am

4.10 a gallon in Rancho Murieta for 91 last weekend.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:24 am

1.27$/liter.
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 am

1.324$/Liter (87)
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 pm

I am paying $1.349/litre (Canadian) for 91 octane...bend me over!! If we could go back 20yrs to $0.399/litre that would be nice. Although, at $8.00 a tank, can't complain to much
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 pm

IAmABug wrote:
If we could go back 20yrs to $0.399/litre that would be nice.
When I began riding gas was $0.19/litre (Victoria, BC.)

In Florida last week it was just under $10 to fill up with premium shortly after the low fuel light came on with IMS 3.1 fuel tank - never did look at price per gallon. Shog

Credit card pay-at-the-pump in the good 'ol USofA assumes everyone has a ZIP code. budah At one Georgia station you could only pay by credit card at the pump; inside was only debit or cash. Love that logic! Suspect
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:19 pm

$1.357/liter for 87 octane/regular in Kentville, Nova Scotia...just went up 2 cents thurs...our regs wont change that price till next thurs and so on.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:26 pm

deerHater wrote:
IAmABug wrote:
If we could go back 20yrs to $0.399/litre that would be nice.
When I began riding gas was $0.19/litre (Victoria, BC.)

In Florida last week it was just under $10 to fill up with premium shortly after the low fuel light came on with IMS 3.1 fuel tank - never did look at price per gallon. Shog

Credit card pay-at-the-pump in the good 'ol USofA assumes everyone has a ZIP code. budah At one Georgia station you could only pay by credit card at the pump; inside was only debit or cash. Love that logic! Suspect

Try the trick of adding the 3 digits in your CDN postal code to '00'. It works, sometimes. e.g. if your postal code is K1A 0A1, use 00101. No guarantees, but worth a try.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Paying $3.09 a gallon for regular in Ohio but that will change in a day or 2 like the weather here. OPEC won't be happy till we are all paying $100 per gallon on a good day. Wish the whole country could band together on gas prices the way they do on issues like unemployment & healthcare. Oil companies keep bumping the prices up till we squeal a little then they back it off & keep it at that price till we get used to it then they raise it again, we squeal, it's a cycle that never stops & they get richer! We need to draw the line somewhere. The whole recession started when they gouged us on gas back in 2008 & people had to choose between gas to go to work or pay the mortgage. Well, you can't pay the mortgage unless you earn a paycheck so guess what? You put all your money into filling up your tank & had very little left for much else. Then everything else goes to hell when people cut back on spending, stores can't stay open, people get laid off, which brings us to this crappy economy. Just my take on how this all started, I make no claim that it's the actual reason for the poor economy. I'm sure many other factors are involved.

Last edited by sswrx on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Payed 15,08 sek (about 2,25 USD) for 1 liter today....... thats really sick! baldy

So you have gas for free......almost Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: $ .25/gal   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:21 pm

When I was a kid ,High Test was $ .25 a gallon. Today I paid $ 4.19 in San Diego
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:31 pm

mr-cave wrote:
Payed 15,08 sek (about 2,25 USD) for 1 liter today....... thats really sick! baldy

"Relative" is a very important word. And taxes.

How many total miles do you drive per year? Total being any and all vehicles that are licensed for road use combined.

Sweden is roughly the size of California.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:53 am

motokid wrote:
mr-cave wrote:

"Relative" is a very important word. And taxes.

How many total miles do you drive per year? Total being any and all vehicles that are licensed for road use combined.

Sweden is roughly the size of California.

I drive about 1500-2000 swedish miles 15000 - 20000 km / year depending a lot on bike season.

our tax here is about 27% on salary.... On the fuel I guess tax and "other" costs is more than 50%
Then we pay also roadtax for each wehicle depending on wheight and engine power.
On top of that, they just added some tax included in the insurance for bikes. (not sure about the car insurance but i guess they have the same tax there)

So its depressing to see that we pay tax on tax with already "taxed" money..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 pm

$3.94 per gallon for 91 octane (US rated Octane) today.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:51 pm

$4.25/US Gal. for 91 here in California

Some areas here are up to $5.50/US Gal.

Painful....
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 pm

motokid wrote:

Oh you poor guy......I haven't seen prices that low in a month. Try $ 4.49 today in San Diego. Time to pump up my bicycle tires for anything within 15 miles or less.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:58 pm

mordicai wrote:
motokid wrote:

Oh you poor guy......I haven't seen prices that low in a month. Try $ 4.49 today in San Diego. Time to pump up my bicycle tires for anything within 15 miles or less.

It's all relative my friend. All relative.

You can always move out of California ya know. amazon

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:13 pm

To Delaware! I'd rather pay the money. I was born and raised in Jersey and couldn't get out of the East fast enough when I finished high school.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:16 pm

mordicai wrote:
To Delaware! I'd rather pay the money. I was born and raised in Jersey and couldn't get out of the East fast enough when I finished high school.

Make no mistake....I NEVER said for you to move to Delaware.

freaky

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm

I rode 112 miles today on two lane mountain roads; smooth as a babys ass blacktop; passed maybe 8 or 10 cars; 69 degrees, bright sun, blue skys. Where do you think I should move to?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:37 pm

mordicai wrote:
motokid wrote:

mordicai wrote:
I rode 112 miles today on two lane mountain roads; smooth as a babys ass blacktop; passed maybe 8 or 10 cars; 69 degrees, bright sun, blue skys. Where do you think I should move to?

Pick one of the above. Either complain, or STFU.

lol! lol! lol!

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 pm

O.K. Motokid. Sorry I jerked your chain over gas prices. I'ii stay out of your way.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Fuel price in in my part of Sweden right now 1 litre 15 sek = 2.26 $ . Maybe its cheap because people are riding snowmobile every weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over   Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over Empty

Back to top Go down

Gasoline Prices - pump me up, or bend me over
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next