Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??

Go down 
+3
f3joel
terb
wallycycle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wallycycle

wallycycle

FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  Empty
PostSubject: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 am

Which is quieter: Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??

I have a Powercore 4 now and it's too loud for me. Will the insert get me close to the Q4 sound level at 10% of the cost?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
terb

terb

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:18 pm

I have the same question!!. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 am

the insert will make it a lil quieter at idle, that's about it.

Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 am

I'll let you know....Have the PC4 and silencer and will install next week.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

be careful putting the silencer in, the pipe around it can tear your packing if just jammed in there.
Back to top Go down
josh

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:10 am

Thanks...will pay very close attention.

I've always had Leo pipes.......should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gundy

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:16 pm

There are two quiet inserts for the PC4 - the smaller diameter (1-1/8") one might be worth a try. The larger one will likely not meet your needs. I modded the smaller one to fit my Q4 and it made a big difference.
Back to top Go down
WRideR

WRideR

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:06 pm

I agree with f3joel, the PC4 insert will quite the bike at low throttle positions, but does little at mid or open throttle. That is not all bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Bump

Can anyone tell my what's the difference between these two:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-POWERCORE-4-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-1-3-8-S-A-QUIET-INSERT-040288-/380443870403?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589438c4c3&vxp=mtr#ht_3769wt_1139

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-PowerCore-4-Modular-Quiet-Core-Insert-MX-ATV-/320846628283?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab3f305bb&vxp=mtr#ht_792wt_905

as far as I can tell, the first one is simply inserted and then secured using one screw.
and in order to install the second one, you need to dismantle the muffler and replace the inner tube with the inser.

am I right?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am

need the first one, the second will not work
it is for a different model powercore 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 pm

f3joel wrote:
need the first one, the second will not work
it is for a different model powercore 4

Thanks!

Next question: is it effective - does it noticeably reduces the noise (I mean, music) level?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??    FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??  Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Q4 or Powercore 4 with quiet insert??
Page 1 of 1