Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV tune required

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sewerat

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:54 pm

OK I am now just looking into what was installed in my bike as far as the tuner went. I have taken what the PO has done nad hopefully improved upon things but who knows?

The bike came with the PCV and this week I just looked at the map, he was using the stock pipe, stock air filter map. This bike has a powercore 4 on it and now I have done the flapper removal, ais removal, but still have the exup on the bike but the cables have all been removed. I took the map out and put in the full FMF exhaust ap but found that the bike seems to pull less. I can see that the map is leaner then the stock map but not a good seat of the pants map.

I was wondering if anyone has a map set by an autotune that would give me some better MPG then I am getting and maybe that power that I am looking for as well.

I am very familiar with the Power Commanders as I have done lots of dyno tuning on with them on Harley's so I could take and build my own map..just too lazy to go thru tem al one at a time.

Thanks

Craig
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Wait...what?

You're saying the map for the full exhaust is LEANER than the map for the stock exhaust???

You sure about that?

That can't be right. :hmmm:

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:19 pm

I haven't had the stock exhaust on my bike for a long time, so I can't remember if the EXUP valve is closed in the default position or not. If it is, you definitely need to open it up.

I have the Autotune module and O2 sensor on my bike, so I'm making my own maps. I'd suggest downloading the map from Dynojet that most closely resembles your setup. Then do a dyno run, or even better, get an Autotune.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:39 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
I haven't had the stock exhaust on my bike for a long time, so I can't remember if the EXUP valve is closed in the default position or not. If it is, you definitely need to open it up.

I have the Autotune module and O2 sensor on my bike, so I'm making my own maps. I'd suggest downloading the map from Dynojet that most closely resembles your setup. Then do a dyno run, or even better, get an Autotune.

EXUP valve has a spring that keeps it open. Assuming the spring is still on the assembly.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:11 pm

my exup valve has been removed with the stock ppe but the motor and controler are still intact, not sure if it affects the ECU or not?

Bob wht pipe do you have? Any chance \i\ could get a ap from your bike? I do want to get the autotune eventually just have other things needed first. And yes look at the mps from dynojet the stock pipe stock filter map is richer then the full FMF with stock filter map is???

Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:27 pm

sewerat wrote:
my exup valve has been removed with the stock ppe but the motor and controler are still intact, not sure if it affects the ECU or not?

Bob wht pipe do you have? Any chance \i\ could get a ap from your bike? I do want to get the autotune eventually just have other things needed first. And yes look at the mps from dynojet the stock pipe stock filter map is richer then the full FMF with stock filter map is???

I have the Graves full exhaust. I also have an Athena 290 kit, so I'm certain that my map would be totally out of whack for your bike. There are maps available from Dynojet (for free!) that would be much closer to your configuration.
Back to top Go down
sewerat

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm

ya i have the maps there is only 11 from them and the closest one is what i tried but it sucks so i just uploaded the stock pipe, stock filter, lid removed map to give it a try. Like I sai i might end up taking the best parts of maps and making my own. I have done that with other bike with good sucess, I have also had hours of programming time on a dyno so I fully understand the proper workings of good map. Ut that said it is much easier to start with a close map and then tweak from it.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 am

Good luck! thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:35 am

Can somebody explain to me why a map for a 100% stock wr250x/r would be richer on a PCV than a map for the same bike with a full FmF exhaust?

That is so opposite to what EVERYBODY has ever suggested is the normal process for uncorking the wr.

Increasing either the air in, or the exhaust out should lean the bike out more than stock, so the theory says you need to richen up the air/fuel mixture more the farther away from stock you go.

But Dynojet goes the complete opposite way?????

I'm just really confused by that, but it would make sense as to why your bike runs better with the stock map.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 am

I have a leovince x3, flapper revoed and ais removed. I think the bike runs not as good with the "right" map than with the map: stock exhaust, ais removed flapper removed...

Think i have much more power with the Stock muffler zhan with the leovince or the yzf muffler.
Want to buy the q4 or pc4 now- hope it works better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PCV tune required Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCV tune required   PCV tune required Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV tune required
Page 1 of 1