Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....

Go down 
+6
millert85
Arkmage
YZEtc
xy500
RattTongue
YamaFling
10 posters
AuthorMessage
YamaFling

So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... Empty
PostSubject: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I am really, really jealous of what Yamaha has in store for them. Unfortunately, I don't see this coming over to the US, thanks to our awesome laws regarding dirt bikes and street legality. GAHHHH

So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... 2012_WR450F_Off%20Road_DPBSE%20PS02

The ONLY hope is that Yamaha knows they have to send out these bikes corked up, and provide a "Competition kit" to open up the bike with new EFI and all the right goodies. Here it is below. Maybe, just MAYBE, they are setting it up to be street legal, and allowing this kit as a way to keep it a racer.

So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... 2012_WR450F_Off%20Road_DPBSE%20PS09
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Do you have a link to this? I couldn't find it on yamaha-motor.eu.
Back to top Go down
YamaFling

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Here are all the links where you see a WR450F with street trim.

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/designcafe/en/index.aspx?view=article&id=480282&fromurl=http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/competition/wr450f.aspx&fromsite=Yamaha%20Motor%20Europe

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/competition/wr450f.aspx?view=features

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/competition/wr450f.aspx?view=techspecs

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/compare.aspx?pmc=wr450f
Back to top Go down
xy500

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Same bike sells in Australia road legal (meets ADRs)
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/motorcycle/offroad/enduro/12-wr450f
Very happy
all I need now is the money for one
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 pm

In my opinion, you can forget about buying a street-legal WR-450F in the USA.
Other countries have had them for years, but not us.
Back to top Go down
YamaFling

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 pm

YZEtc wrote:
In my opinion, you can forget about buying a street-legal WR-450F in the USA.
Other countries have had them for years, but not us.

As much as I don't want to believe you, I know it's the truth.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 pm

If I could afford a new wr450f I'm certain I could plate it without any problem.

Hell, I just put a plate on my 2-stroke this week.

God bless Texas.

So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... 6908021084_d25c4f7a1a
DSCN1028 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:22 am

i have a demo sitting out the back. i can honestly say, with not a hint of salesman, it is THE BEST trail bike i have ever ridden.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:03 am

YamaFling wrote:

So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... 2012_WR450F_Off%20Road_DPBSE%20PS02
The thought of that thing with a second set of SM wheels = droooool
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 am

Arkmage wrote:
If I could afford a new wr450f I'm certain I could plate it without any problem.

Hell, I just put a plate on my 2-stroke this week.

God bless Texas.

I had a 2003 KDX200 I had plated. It wasn't much good unless the ride to the trail was short. Too much o a pain to carry pre-mix or oil to mix at the station. Awesome trail bikes but not great dual sports in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:56 am

Coop wrote:

I had a 2003 KDX200 I had plated. It wasn't much good unless the ride to the trail was short. Too much o a pain to carry pre-mix or oil to mix at the station. Awesome trail bikes but not great dual sports in my opinion.

Not great for a dual sport, but fun to fog for mosquitoes on the way to work now and then.
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:04 am

Arkmage wrote:

My wife's uncle plated a WR450F (in Texas). I thought about doing the same before I bought the WRR. From what I read though, if you really plan to ride much on the pavement you will miss 6th gear and the increased maintenance that comes with a WR450F.

The maintenance thing was what deterred me the most but I wonder how much truth there was to that. I mean is the only additional maintenance on the WR450F the much more frequent valve adjustment?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 am

and oil changes. remember they only have about 3/4 quart of capacity.

My plan is to keep the KDX as a primarily trail bike, keep the WRX for daily commuting and long dual sport rides, and buy a wr450f for track motard, general dual sporting, and occasional street hooliganism.

At some point I'll probably also buy a legit street bike for longer distance highway stuff... we'll see. In a perfect world I'd have at least 5-6 bikes.
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:28 pm

I loved my KDX200, but sold her after realizing the WRR is all that and more ... and needed more space in the garage. I do miss the 2-stroke smell sometimes ...
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:02 pm

And it only wieghs 284 pounds wet.
That sounds like an awesome machine, how can it weigh less than the WR250R?
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Helium in the frame, lightweight fuel, foam tires, and a exup2.

bannana
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:01 pm

GusinCA wrote:
And it only wieghs 284 pounds wet.
That sounds like an awesome machine, how can it weigh less than the WR250R?

The U.S. based WR450F has a wet wght of 273lb. Isn't the bike shown just basically a street legal (in eu) WR450F? Just buy a WR450F, plate it and you will have the same bike. I bet the bike shown has the same maintenance schedule as the WR450F, not the WRR.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Plate an off road motorcycle? In California? What are you, from some crazy state like Texas or Arizona or Utah where they have freedom? Jeez...
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

GusinCA wrote:
Plate an off road motorcycle? In California? What are you, from some crazy state like Texas or Arizona or Utah where they have freedom? Jeez...

LOL. Well of course we have to plate our off road bikes here in Texas if we want to ride them.... all the off road land is privately owned.

Probably the reason the bike is only available in Europe are all the US restrictions.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Arkmage wrote:
Not great for a dual sport, but fun to fog for mosquitoes on the way to work now and then.

Ha! True.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah, I also have a Yamaha Rhino. If I could put blinkers and mirrors on it and plate that thing I'd drive it everywhere...
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm

RattTongue wrote:

LOL. Well of course we have to plate our off road bikes here in Texas if we want to ride them.... all the off road land is privately owned.

Pretty sure trespassing is still trespassing with a license plate... it just makes it easier for them to ID you to the cops if you have a plate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....   So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website.... Empty

Back to top Go down

So I was browsing the EU Yamaha website....
Page 1 of 1